Friday, February 09, 2007

Striving Is A Warning! Take Heed!

My tummy is aching again. I am also feeling quite weak. I shall try to sleep soon after I have finished typing this blog. I want to share a revelation that I got today from the Lord and I have to do so now though I know I need the rest.

This morning I was reminded of something which has caused me to evaluate on how I serve the Lord. It was a timely caution from a brother.

He told me that if a servant of God is striving too much in his ministry, something may be lacking or missing. He should take stock and allow God to help him re-focus and re-organise.

A person who trusts the Lord completely in what he does usually need not strive much because he knows fully that God is in charge. He is simply an instrument, a channel, in which God uses to get His work done in the church or in a community of believers outside church or even in the world as in our work or school or even at home.

What really amazed me was another statement an older sister-in-Christ made this afternoon when I was talking to her. She told me that the joy-stealer is always around and we all have to be careful not to let the devil take the joy of our salvation away and that the joy of the Lord must always be our strength.

I see the above two wise counsels as divine warnings for me because they are definitely linked. How can one who strives be joyful?

I praise the Lord for using two of my siblings-in-Christ to sound me off and I guess I will have to review all the things I am doing now and let God refresh me accordingly.

God never ceases to fascinate me after so many years of knowing Him. He knows my innermost struggles and thoughts that He even uses people around to jolt me from my comfort and complacent mode, at the correct time, to rethink about my service to Him and to the people.

When He does that occasionally, I cannot help it but to seriously reflect on the status of my service and if I need to let go of something or change something, I will. It is only when I allow Him to instruct me and change my attitude that I would be more effective in all I do.

Thanks be to Him for that.

I shall end here. I pray I will feel better tomorrow. God will definitely heal me in His time.

"Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain." Psalm 127:1

"Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me." Psalm 51:11-12

"...... for the joy of the LORD is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10b

No comments: