Saturday, February 17, 2007

Remembering Those In Need

I feel like a Martha today - running around buying stuff in the morning for the reunion dinner. Then came home to prepare all the ingredients. Around 6pm I started cooking all the dishes. By 7:30pm, my family along with my uncle and cousins feasted together. After that it was the cleaning up.

It felt good when I had a shower. In the above paragraph, I mentioned I was like a Martha. I am not trying to dispute the lesson that is being taught in the Bible about Mary and Martha but today being so busy and all, having to do this and that, I did not for a moment forget about God. In fact, I sought for His help and guidance throughout.

Now that everything is over and reflecting on what had happened, I give praise to God for having made this day an enjoyable one for my family and relatives. I am glad all enjoyed the food prepared. Hallelujah!

As I was eating just now with every one, I was reminded of those who may not be as fortunate as my family and I. I know of a brother-in-Christ whose mother just passed away; a sister-in-Christ whose sister-in-law is in ICU now in Los Angeles because she suddenly fell sick and her condition is serious; a mother featured in The New Paper whose doctor-son (whom she worked so hard to send him to medical school) and daughter-in-law kicked her out of the house after she refused to give up her job as a cleaner because it was deemed as an embarrassing vocation to them.

I believe there are many others in Singapore who are in the same plight as them. I hope the Lord will continue to be by their side, comforting them with His love and care.

My heart is also burdened for a few other people whom I cherish a lot. I will always remember them in my prayers daily.

Well, my tummy still gave me problems throughout the day but God is always good to sustain me through the discomfort. I am contented that at the end of each day, I am still able to praise Him. This is simply a testimony of God's grace and mercy upon my life.

Day Two of owning a dog is no joke - Sasha is cute, active and adorable but as she is still not toilet-trained, she defecated and urinated in places other than the designated spot. It can be quite frustrating but I believe she will learn her lesson soon. She did a couple of times at the correct spot so that is a good sign.

"For he will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help. He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death." Psalm 72:12-13

No comments: