Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Burden For One's Life

My heart suddenly grieves deeply for a sister whom I cherish a lot.

I was moved to come before God's throne of grace just now to pray for this dear sibling-in-Christ. In fact I have been interceding for her several times daily. I believe many in church have also been praying for her that she will come back to the Lord.

I dreamt of her in my nap just now - she was in her jovial self asking me how I was. I was elated when I saw her but when I woke up, I realised it was not real. My heart just sank.

I pleaded with the Lord once again that He protects my sister's life (spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically). I wish I could do more but I do not know how except to pray.

Sometimes I also do not know how else to pray for her but I am thankful to God for reminding me that the Holy Spirit is interceding for my sister. I guess He knows what my sister's struggles are. I also know she will come back to God one day because praying for someone to come back to the Lord is definitely in accordance to God's will. Surely God will answer my prayers!

I will claim that in my heart. I want to share this because this is a part of my pilgrim's journey that I am going through now. I have been sad since the day I heard about my sister's struggles in her faith and I will continue to feel this way till the day the Lord brings her back into the fellowship of her brothers and sisters-in-Christ.

Because of that I am pressing on, never ceasing to remember her daily as I pray. The hope I have in God has also brought peace in me. It is a burden that I do not mind carrying because this life is so precious to me; to those who know her; and even more to God.

I will stop here for now.

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18

No comments: