Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Desiring More Of God

I just came back from Session Three of the "Into The Word" course on the teachings of the Holy Spirit. I left the talk tonight with a renewed desire for the Spirit to do more in my life. I am not satisfied with the current state of my walk. I pray the Lord will continue to pour forth His teachings into my life to the point where the well-spring in me will overflow. Prayerfully it will bless the lives of the people around me.

Tonight I was reminded to exercise the gift of tongues which I received many years ago. Just a while ago when I was praying for a dear sister's spiritual life, I told the Lord I do not know how else to pray for her and asked that the Holy Spirit intercedes on my behalf. There and then, I broke into a language I do not understand but in my heart, I knew it was a prayer for my sister. I believe God has listened and He is still at work in her life. Before that my heart was heavy but now I am at peace.

Yesterday God answered one of my prayer requests I made last month. It is quite a small request and frankly I did not put high hopes that I will be able to find it but He managed to surprise me. My friend was looking for a journal but could not find it in Singapore.

When I knew my God-parents were coming to Singapore, I asked my God-mum to help me look for it. Yesterday when I received them at the airport, she told me she managed to find the book.

I gave it to my friend this afternoon and I am glad she can use it now to write of God's goodness in her life and also the many lessons she will be learning from the Word. May all these she will be entering into the journal allow her, in the years to come, to remember the many precious gems He has given her. That's the beauty of journal-entry.

The above-mentioned reminds me of one thing - whether our request to God is big or small, it is still a request from His children and if we have asked anything according to His will, He will answer us. What an assurance that is.

"You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:24-26

"In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express." Romans 8:26

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints." Ephesians 6:18

No comments: