Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Living A Life Of Purity

I spent a good 4 hours at Coffee Bean in Ngee Ann City preparing for the lesson that I will be conducting for the Youth Ministry this Sunday. The topic is on being pure in Christ and I praise the Lord for guiding me in the lesson plan.

I was convicted to live my life in purity as I was reading all the verses that God prompted me. Though it is tough to practise a different lifestyle from that of the world because of our human shortcomings and weaknesses, it does not mean that it is impossible to do so.

The cafe was noisy but I am thankful to God that He still gave me the peace and concentration to discern His leading. I was listening to two songs over and over again when I was reading all the materials for the lesson but I did not get sick of them as the words were just so powerful. The songs were, "When It's All Been Said And Done" and "Jesus, Lover Of My Soul".

My prayer for this Sunday is this - that the words of my mouth and the meditation of everyone's heart be pleasing in God's sight, who is our Rock and Redeemer.

This morning at around 3am I woke up suddenly because of the pain in my tummy. I was also breaking in cold sweat but after drinking a glass of warm water, I felt better. I went out to the living room, stood by the window and spent some time in prayer.

I was at peace after talking to God and went back to sleep after that. Everything was okay since then. Thanks be to God.

Sasha has been misbehaving lately and I had no choice but to discipline her with the cane just now when I got home from Orchard Road. She has been barking lots, trying to gain the attention of every one at home. Sometimes I allow her to do so but when she started to whimper persistently and howling occasionally, I had no choice but to cane her lightly on the butt to put the message across to her that I am in charge and not her. From then, she has been quiet.

I think she is alright because whenever I come towards her without the cane, she would wag her tail excitedly. I did not feel good whacking her but I had no choice. I stroked her butt area hopefully to soothe the sore if she had any. She responded by licking my arms.

After my driving class and before I did my lesson preparation, I took the train to Somerset MRT as I needed to go to the Tourist Information Centre next to Heeren for a project that I am currently doing.

I had to walk passed Planet Fitness just opposite Orchard Cineleisure. Some staff were doing a promotion drive and one of them approached me at a distance. He spoke to me in Malay, thinking that I am one, and he basically said I was a little fat and that I should lose those extra pound. Though he said it jokingly, I felt it was rather lame. I walked towards him and asked him to direct me to his manager.

The manager apologised for the remark made and he offered me free usage of the facilities for a month. I declined. I told him that this kind of attitude towards horizontally-challenged people should be put to a stop.

So what if some people are fat! Does it make them less of a human? Why ostracize this group of people?

Yes, it is true that it is not healthy for one to be overweight - leave it as that.

Anyway, I had to make my point to the fitness centre so that they can be more sensitive towards others.

I shall key off now. Nice weather to sleep in tonight. Hopefully my tummy will not give me any problem later.

"Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart." 2 Timothy 2:22

"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God." Matthew 5:8

No comments: