Saturday, February 10, 2007

Life Is Still Not Bad

I did not feel like blogging and was tempted not to blog for a while because I cannot tell others life is not bad when in actual fact my life is going through a struggle and I am at a low point now.

I feel very lousy today. Basically two reasons - I shall share one and prefer to keep the other private. My stomach ulcer got quite bad this afternoon when I was in church. In fact since yesterday it has not been good.

I was with the Youth Ministry Worship Team, helping them with their sectional trainings. I did not feel like going as I was feeling rather weak but I heard that if I did not go, the session would probably be postponed. I did not want my condition to hamper the plan of these my siblings-in-Christ and I asked of the Lord to sustain me. He did and I am thankful I was able to go through the two and a half hours with everyone in the team.

It got quite bad at one point of time and I had to jab myself to soothe the pain. It got only slightly better. I was still having a lot of discomfort in my tummy - can feel the stomach acid working full force.

After everything was over, I decided to go to the hospital to request for a stronger medication. It now feels better but the pain is still not fully gone.

Since I mentioned I did not want to blog today, why is it that I am typing this out? I decided to do so because of the support that some of my brothers and sisters have been giving me the past few hours or so.

I am still down but it has been made better because of the love, care and concern that I have received so far.

A brother even sent me a verse to remind me not to fear or be dismay for the Lord my God is with me.

I have to play the drums at the service and I have to be at a sister's 21st birthday party tomorrow (I promised to be her photographer). I pray the Lord will be gracious and make me well enough to go through tomorrow.

I shall end here.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

No comments: