Sunday, February 04, 2007

God Always Listens

I am tired physically, mentally and emotionally today. I shall leave it as that for now.

I spent a considerable amount of time in prayer and reading His Word early in the morning. I needed that.

Anyway, I had a hard time worshipping God at the service though I had to play the drums. I thank God at least I need not play all the way as I had a brother-in-Christ to play some of the songs. The band is in the process of grooming the younger drummers to serve in the contemporary service.

I must confess my heart was not there but I praise the Lord for keeping my composure throughout the service as much as possible. I hope He will forgive me for not putting my heart and soul into it. I also hope to learn from this but I need some time.

I left for home immediately after service as I needed to attend to something.

Though I struggled almost the whole of today, God reminded me that He answers prayers through a brother-in-Christ's email from Cambodia.

My brother, Say Bunthan, who studied in Trinity Theological College a few years back under the scholarship of TMC, shared about how there was a big fire in the neighbourhood of his mum's residence. The fire was coming towards her area. His sister frantically called him to come over as she was all alone. Their mum was away. Even if he did, he would not have made it on time as he was not in the vicinity and he could not do much due to the verocity of the fire.

Bunthan was prompted to pray with his sister as he reminded her that God is there and He can handle the situation. As Bunthan was in a Christian radio station ready to do a recording of a Bible study programme, the staff also prayed for them.

Then Bunthan rushed to his mum's place. He arrived 30 minutes later and tried as much as he could to help. He assisted the firemen with the water hose - not to douse the flames of his mum's house as hers was not as bad as the neighbours'.

Anyway, the fire started around 3 plus and the fire was brought under control only at 10pm. All the houses (almost 30 in all) in the surrounding area were gutted but the amazing thing was that his mum's house was intact, with only her roof burnt but nothing in the home was destroyed.

It may sound unbelievable but I was reminded yet again that God truly hears our cries and He will come and rescue us.

"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn (symbolising strength) of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:2

"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:13-15

No comments: