Monday, February 26, 2007

Pray At All Times

I came back not too long ago from a dinner with a very dear friend of mine. We went to Brewertz Restaurant. She gave me a treat and I want to thank God for His blessings through her.

I had a wonderful time of fellowship with my friend as we feasted over BBQ ribs, chicken leg, mussels and also assorted sausages. We had planned to go to a chocolate cafe in Robertson Quay after dinner for dessert but we had lots to talk till we lost track of time.

We were so stuffed that we decided to walk from Clarke Quay to City Hall MRT Station. During the walk, my friend tripped but I thank God she did not fall and hurt herself. She commented immediately after that that she was 'drunk' - it was funny when she said it because at a glance when I saw the whole thing, it really looked like she was a drunkard. Hee. Anyway, we laughed it off and went on our way. Incidents that sometimes God allowed to make His creation laugh over their clumsy actions. :) I had to write this as it was one of two funny encounters I experienced today.

When I came back I let Sasha out of her dog-house so that she can relieve herself. Relieved she did - in such great amount that a dry desert land could turn into an ocean. It is amazing how she can pee so much. I praise the Lord that she is beginning to put to good practice all the lessons I taught her with regards to paper-training. She can aim better now when urinating but for times when she needs to defecate, she still does it around the papers rather than on them. Well, this is just into the second week of training - I pray she will perfect her toilet skills in time to come.

The other funny scene happened while I was waiting for my friend at Clarke Quay MRT. A lady approached and asked me whether I was waiting for someone. I said I was and she started introducing herself - thinking that I was her 'blind' date. When I told her I was waiting for my friend, she realised that she got the wrong person. I smiled at her and told her it was alright.

Her date finally came and I kind of figured why she mistook me for him - he was also wearing a striped Polo-T except that his stripes were thinner and the colour was biege while mine was brown. I was laughing to myself because this is the first time I encountered a couple on a 'blind' date. I said a word of prayer for the lady that the mistake she made did not embarrass her to the point where she could not enjoy herself tonight with her new friend. I hope the both of them had a good time together.

I promised to share more about the lessons I learnt from yesterday's sermon on praying in the Spirit. Well, it has challenged me to pray even more for my life and also the people whom I know and do not know.

Sometimes I really have no clue whatsoever as to how to pray for myself and the people around me. Because of that I occasionally gave up praying but now I told myself even if I do not know how to pray, the Holy Spirit living in me will intercede on my behalf. That is a great comfort - at least I know God will still hear my prayers however vague they may be.

I thank God for a blessed day He has given me though I am still struggling with my pilgrim's journey.

"Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:21-22

No comments: