Friday, February 02, 2007

Times of Refreshing

It is now 3:3oam. I just had a wonderful time of prayer. I went to the living room and stood by the windows and cried out to God the burdens that were in my heart.

I could not sleep no matter how I tried as my mind was troubled with the ministry responsibilities God has entrusted me. I was also burdened for a few people whom I love and care a lot.

I told God that I am lost and tired. For a while, I doubted whether He was really there, listening to my desperate call for help.

At that moment, I received a prompting for me to be still.

Though the wind out there were blowing strongly, there was a sudden sense of calm in me. Then a song came into my heart and reminded me that...

Chorus:
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.

Verse 1:
When I feel afraid,
And think I’ve lost my way.
Still, you’re there right beside me.
Nothing will I fear
As long as you are near;
Please be near me to the end.

Verse 2:
I will not forget
Your love for me and yet,
My heart forever is wandering.
Jesus by my guide,
And hold me to your side,
And I will love you to the end.
(Words by Amy Grant and Michael W. Smith)

There and then I knew God was there and the words of the above song were given to me as an assurance that He has always been right beside me and that He loves me to the end.

Praise the Lord for the time of refreshing. Once again I was reminded to be still and know that He is God.

The load on my shoulder has now been lifted and I shall go and sleep.

Thanks and glory be to God! He never fails!

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

No comments: