Wednesday, February 07, 2007

God Never Fails To Amaze Me

This morning I could not go to work because after I had my breakfast my tummy had a sharp pain. I could not take it and decided that I needed to go to the hospital to have it checked. I was given an injection and I felt better after a while. A scan taken showed that my ulcer was bleeding a little.

Tomorrow I am supposed to obtain the biopsy result. Since I was at the hospital, I requested whether I could collect the report today instead. Praise the Lord the test showed my ulcer is benign. I sure hope there won't be another of this. Anyway, I really want to give thanks to God for His grace and mercy.

My God-ma came to pick me up and wanted to bring me home. As I promised to follow her to buy a few things before she and Pa leave for Kuala Lumpur tonight, I told her I was fine and could join her to shop.

We had brunch first - I did not eat much as I was still full. Anyway, we headed to a few places: Orchard Road; then SKS Bookstore; Chinatown; Sim Lim Square and then Little India (for dinner).

It is amazing how in shopping God also speaks. Let me elaborate. When we were on our way to SKS Bookstore, I messaged a dear friend to ask whether she needed anything from there. After a while, I got a call from her. She told me she placed an order for some workbooks on behalf of the Children Ministry and it was due for collection. I praise the Lord for prompting me to message her because this would then save her the trip to the bookstore.

She also asked me to buy some books she saw from another place. As I was going up to the shop, I prayed and asked the Lord to provide me with those books. When I asked the shop assistant, he could not help me as I was unable to give him the exact titles as my friend was not sure herself.

Anyway, I prayed again. As I walked on and scanned the shelves, I found one of the books but did not see the rest. I called my friend and told her that there was only one I could find. After we hanged up, I was prompted to look to my left and to my delight all the books she requested for were all there.

Gladly I picked them up and headed for the cashier. Truly the Lord provides.

Anyway, Ma managed to buy all that were in her shopping list. We had dinner. After that I headed off to church for a prayer meeting while my God-parents left for the airport.

We prayed for the outreach effort of the church and during the time of intercession, a sister and I were brought to this realisation that after being so many years in church and as a Christian, we have fewer non-Christian friends now and to a certain extent, we have also forgotten how to be friends to those from the other faiths. How true that is.

I was challenged to reflect on this further and I want to do something about it. Hopefully the Lord will open my eyes and guide me accordingly.

A dear brother gave me a lift home. He knew about my ulcer condition and told me that he will be praying for me regularly. He also urged me not to stress myself up too much. I really appreciate his care and concern. This is precisely why I am always thankful to the Lord for the fellowship of believers - during times when I am happy, my siblings-in-Christ rejoices with me and when I am down and out, they are also there sticking by me.

Well, I shall end here. I will spend some time in prayer after this as I have a few things that I need to talk to the Lord about.

Thanks be to God for today!

"Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." Colossians 4:5-6

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:24-26

No comments: