Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Joy Of The Lord Is My Strength

I just came home from a committee meeting in church. I left with a sense of feeling very dry in my service to God. I feel lost sometimes and clueless as to what else I can do for God and the church especially in this ministry that He has placed me in.

Sometimes I feel that I am doing more administrative matters than using the energy to think of ways to make the ministry more effective to the church and the people whom we are reaching out to.

I sounded my concerns to the committee members. Before we left, we spent some time in prayer asking God to help us in our struggles. I believe He has heard us and He is in the process of answering our prayers.

I may be down and out for now but I will press on and trust that God would give me a time of refreshing as I continue to seek Him along with the rest of the committee members. I also pray that He will give me joy in my service and that His joy will be my strength.

The above-mentioned is probably one of my low points in my service to God but this experience has reminded me something - that I am human and I have my limitations. When I feel this way, there is only one source to turn to - God, who is Almighty and His resources are in abundance. Praise the Lord for this lesson.

On my way home, I witnessed an accident involving a cyclist and a taxi. The ambulance was also present at the scene. The bicycle was badly mangled. I asked the Lord to take care of the cyclist and hope he or she would be alright. This brought to my attention a dear friend who cycles frequently. I pray God will always protect her each time she is on the bicycle.

Then as I continued on in my journey home, I saw a motor-cycle which had a long rubber hook dangling close to the back wheel. If the hook were to get stuck to one of the spokes, the bike would just simply flip and seriously injure the motorcyclist! I prayed for God to do something about the hook and when I did that, it just dropped onto the road. Praise the Lord.

Thanks be to God for this day though quite trying in many ways. The pilgrim's journey must continue.

"Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always." 1 Chronicles 16:10-11

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

No comments: