Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Stand Firm!

My tummy has been hurting badly again since last evening. I resisted jabbing myself but in the end I had to when I came home about half an hour ago. It is frustrating but thanks be to God anyway.

I was with some friends at this place called Timbre - we went to listen to a gig and had a time of fellowship there. It was great catching up with them but my tummy was causing a lot of discomfort though and my heart was troubled over a few things. I tried to put them aside and I praise the Lord for allowing me to do that most of the time when I was with them.

This morning I sent my dog to the veterinarian to have her last of three jabs. While I left her at the clinic, I went to buy some groceries for the dinner that I was to cook for my family. When I was at Hougang Mall, I met two church friends at Yakun by coincidence and we chatted for a while.

I went to collect Sasha after that. I bathed her when we reached home and I did some work before cooking dinner.

I napped for a while immediately after, before I left to meet my friends for dinner and also to Timbre.

As I was typing the above paragraphs, there is this voice telling me that I have a condemned body and there will be no future for me.

Well, that voice may be true but what is the worst that can happen to me? The most this 'condemned' body will die but I shall look forward to that day because then I would be given a new body when God accepts me into His Kingdom.

Whether God wants to heal me or not, I shall leave it to Him.

I shall try to sleep now. To God be all thanks and praise for today! He still saw me through the day despite of all the inconveniences I have to face with my ulcer.

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true." Revelation 21:4-5

"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong." 1 Corinthians 16:13

No comments: