Tuesday, February 20, 2007

God Is Always Near

This afternoon I went to Mustafa Shopping Centre to buy some groceries for the family. It poured heavily when I was done with my shopping.

As I was running across the road to catch a bus, I almost fell if not for some Indian workers who were standing near the aluminium steps where the near-accident happened. They grabbed hold of me tightly and I was able regain my balance.

I am grateful to God for sending these angels to me. If not for them I would have hurt my back and head badly as I was already at the top of the stairs.

I thanked my saviours and they basically smiled back and asked whether I was okay.

Truly I praise the Lord for His grace and mercy and also His protection upon me.

In the evening while I was walking Sasha on her routine of relieving herself, I met a couple, staying on the second level of the neighbouring block, frantically looking for their 10-month old Maltese.

They were busy entertaining some guests that they did not realize their dog, Clover, had sneaked out of the flat.

I decided to help the couple. I ‘told’ Sasha that we would go look for Clover first and that she had to hold her plans to relieve herself.

As the couple was at the ground floor conducting the search, I decided to head for the third and subsequent floors instead. I prayed and asked the Lord to use my new-found companion and I to locate the puppy. I was hoping the small bell around Sasha’s neck would attract Clover out of his hiding.

When we were on the fourth level, Sasha was walking ahead of me. When she reached a turn on the block, there was a bark. I quickly pulled her back with the retractable leash. I went forward. Lo and behold, Clover was there.

I grabbed hold of him immediately. With Clover in one hand and Sasha in the other, I went down to the ground floor to look for the couple. After a few minutes, I saw them. The lady, Angela, ran towards her doggy and gave him a big hug while her husband, Justin, shook my hand numerous times – thankful that Sasha had found Clover.

They handed me a red-packet containing S$50 and Justin said it was for Sasha. I was so jealous that my doggy had a reward and not me. I was the one who thought of the idea of going up instead of down and yet Sasha got the credit. Sigh. :) Anyway, I will use the money to buy some toys for her to play with.

After the saga, Sasha went on with her ‘business’ and the floodgates truly opened when she found a spot to relieve herself.

It is quite interesting to know that it takes a dog to find another.

The above-mentioned basically reminded me of the Parable of the Prodigal Son. If the couple could leave all things (even their guests) and go look for their dog, I am sure God will do likewise to locate those of His children who have gone missing.

Just like Angela and Justin who ran forward to hug Clover, I have no doubt that God, when He has found one of His missing children, would run to him and embrace him in His caring and loving arms.

Even at this moment as I type this blog, I am sure God is roaming everywhere locating His missing sons and daughters.

I sure hope He will find all of them soon.

What an eventful second day of the Lunar New Year. Thanks be to God for everything.

“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.” Psalm 46:1

No comments: