Sunday, February 18, 2007

Resting In God's Love And Abundant Blessings

The pain in my tummy got quite bad in the late afternoon that I had to ask my dad to fetch me to the hospital for a jab. Today's one is quite unbearable and it is the worst I have experienced so far.

I do not know why it is not getting any better and I cannot deny that I am not anxious. There is this voice telling me that the medical report to be released on Friday will not be a good one.

I do not know what else to do except to pray for God to prepare my heart for everything that the doctor will be revealing to me. Seriously speaking I cannot do anything else. I just prayed for God to help me give thanks. If I do not have this attitude then whatever news I will be receiving this Friday will bring about bitterness and discouragement in me.

I hope this week the Lord will protect me against any doubts that the devil may be placing in my heart. I need to prepare for this Sunday's 11:15am praise and worship session - frankly I have to admit that my heart is not prepared or focused because of the inconveniences and struggles I have with the ulcer and also I feel I am not right with a few people. I pray this week the Lord will guide me accordingly in all I do. I hope to glorify Him in my service to Him and His people.

I praise the Lord for allowing me to attend the combined service this morning. The passage from Ephesians 3:14-20 allowed me to remember the followings which are applicable in the current struggle I have with my health. I learnt:-

a) The need to be built up and strengthened by the Holy Spirit - basically to train my inner being in such a way that I will tap on the strength of the Trinity (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) to help me overcome everything that I face in this life I live;

b) To always seek God first in my life. In doing so, naturally He will bless me beyond what I could ever imagine. I do not have to be concerned with the worries of this life but to place my total trust in Him;

c) To be rooted in Christ's love. The devil or the struggles of life may put me down momentarily but in knowing the full extent of God's love in my life, I will not let all these affect me. I can basically find comfort in His love and trust that He will never leave me nor forsake me.

I am glad I remembered all the above-mentioned when I was heading for the hospital. The exterior part of me was grimacing in pain but in me there was serenity - basically finding comfort in God's caring and loving arms.

The whole afternoon and evening were spent entertaining my relatives. I tried my very best to put up with the discomfort of my tummy. Praise the Lord He was able to pull me through till now.

Day Three of having to take care of Sasha was one of patience and constant affirmation that she was doing well with the instructions and trainings I was giving her. She finally learnt to poo on the grass patch this evening. I was so elated when I saw the droppings though they were unsightly and needless to say, smelly. Having to pick them up with a plastic bag was also a humbling experience for me.

I give thanks to God for this day. He is still as good and faithful as ever!

Here's wishing all a God-Blessed Lunar New Year! Xing Nian Guai Le!

"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..." Ephesians 3:14-20

No comments: