Sunday, February 11, 2007

Trial Uproots; God Upholds

I praise the Lord for sustaining me through this day though in the morning when I woke up, my tummy was quite painful. After taking my medication, it was better.

I told the Lord no matter what I will go to church to worship Him with the rest of the Body of Christ and also to serve Him in the Worship Team.

I am not trying to boast about the above-mentioned and in what I am going to share next. I just hope to honour God regardless of whatever state I may be in. It is my prayer that He will honour me in return by healing my stomach ulcer in His time.

It is not a deal that I am hoping to strike with Him but I basically want to learn to put Him first and not let circumstances distract me from worshipping and serving Him and also fellowshipping with my spiritual family.

Well, God was gracious throughout the day as the pain was bearable. It got quite bad just now when I was at a sister-in-Christ's 21st birthday party but again He sustained me with the medication I had to administer on myself. He also provided two other persons to help me with the photography when I had to rest for a while.

I suspect the condition of my ulcer is deteriorating. I guess I will have to go for another check-up this week to ascertain the severity. In a matter of a week or so, I can feel it has worsened.

Anyway, I am tired physically, emotionally and mentally but I hope by maintaining myself spiritually, God will remind me constantly that He is the Lord of my life and also the struggles I am going through now.

I learnt from the sermon today the need to fast - to deny myself and fully place my trust in the Lord. If I can let God teach me to put aside all of my earthly burdens and let the Holy Spirit fall afresh on me and deliver me from all my troubles or to allow me to have the strength to press on, I believe the load on my shoulders would be easier to bear. In my heart I know He will help me.

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." 2 Corinthians 4:7-9

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

No comments: