Monday, July 11, 2011

When Loving Is At The Hardest, Keep Loving

The past few days I have been bombarded time and again to just simply give up loving people because it is not worth the effort at all.

Below are the many thoughts that ran through my mind:-

1) What is the point of taking so much time and effort to build a relationship and then to see it crumble?

2) I have been making the effort to listen to others but who is going to listen to me?

3) People keep asking me to consider their predicaments but how many of them know about mine?

4) People have been telling me to do this and that, sometimes to the point of them sounding threatening, but how many of them have cared for my feelings?

5) Am I being made used off that when I am no more of value to them, they just shun me aside?

6) Am I an expendable friend or loved one where once people have new friends, I am considered useless and of no significance to them anymore?

7) Other than God, who knows the pain I am experiencing because I choose not to give up maintaining my relationship with the people I love?

8) When people moved on, have they forgotten that they have left me behind who still love and care for them?

9) Am I going to be remembered for some of the wrongs I have done against my loved ones? What about those times when I have done so much for them? Have they forgotten that I am also a human and I sometimes err?

10 Are people using my weaknesses to their advantage?

11) Do every one know that sometimes the things I choose to do, though against my will and comfort, I still carry on with them just so that I can preserve the friendship?

12) Why am I being faulted for sharing my concerns and suddenly I become the enemy when in actual fact I am trying to sound off to them the schemes of the real enemy - Satan?

13) Do people care at all? Have they ever spared a thought for me?

14) Who are my real friends? That is the ONE main question I have been asking myself lately.

As much as the questions above sound negative, I have been praying about them but that does not mean I am not affected by them.

As usual, sleep has eluded me once again. I have been thinking about this one phrase I received after I spent some time praying last night. When I first received it, I had my doubts though.

"WHEN LOVING IS AT THE HARDEST, KEEP LOVING."

This has to come when I am on the brink of giving up! I asked God why must He always ask me to do the impossible?! I am basically very weak - very drained spiritually, physically, emotionally and mentally... why this?

I have no definite answers yet but I guess God does not want me to give up. But how to persevere on?

God be my help during this time of my deepest need.

"But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you. It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken.” Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak, because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself. All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:7-18

No comments: