Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Answered Prayers In The Weirdest Of Situations

I came back not too long ago from a movie which I had wanted to watch since it opened but I did not get down to doing it for several reasons. Anyway, I watched Harry Potter. I was a late fan of this movie but I managed to catch up till where it is now - the ending. It was my sister who got me interested. Anyway, I enjoyed the two hours or so watching it.

I am actually very tired. It had been a long day yesterday with a couple of hiccups but praise the Lord all went well in the end. :) I cannot sleep now as I am waiting to hang my laundry which is still being washed.

I had a photography assignment with Changi Airports International ("CAI") last morning. When I was setting up the equipment, I placed what I thought were fresh batteries into the flash. When I turned it on, it did not work. I had two other sets of batteries and I tried them as well but to no avail. I kind of concluded that the flash had died on me because it could not be that all three sets of cells would not work at the same time.

Anyway, I panicked as the session was about to commence in about 30 minutes. I stayed calm and just whispered a prayer to God, asking Him to give me the ideas as to how I am going to shoot the whole event without having to depend on the flash.

Well, thanks be to Him, I managed to and the photos turned out clear with enough exposure. :)

I was asked to print one group photo for the 15 participants. I brought my printer and the photo-frames along. I was taking my time doing the editing thinking that there was no rush for them as I was told they were to be presented to the participants in the evening.

While doing that, one of the staff came in to ask whether I could have everything completed in an hour's time as they have decided to do the presentation before lunch instead. Again I panicked. As I was new to the MacBook Pro, the editing was not as easy as when I had my Sony VAIO. Anyway, I did a test-print and realised the printer-head was mis-aligned.

I told the Lord the whole situation and asked Him to help me again. After doing some troubleshooting, I tried the printing again and it worked. Hallelujah! I quickly printed the 15 photos and have them placed in the frames. I managed to meet the targeted time despite of the obstacles. God is indeed good! :)

After the session with CAI, I needed to rush off to meet a dear sister-in-Christ at her office to set up some camera equipment she bought. When I reached the office, I asked her for a set of fresh batteries as I wanted to see whether it was due to the batteries which caused my flash not to work. I put them in and voila, it worked!!!

This was another answered prayer as I told the Lord while I was in the train that, if possible, I do not want to send the flash in for repair as the warranty period had expired. It would basically mean incurring a cost which I was not ready to pay.

The whole setting up of the lighting system for my sister-in-Christ's studio turned out fine after taking some time to fix the different parts together. We plugged in all the sockets and turned on the three strobes. All seemed ok till when we tried taking some shots and realised there were no flashes. It took us a while to figure the problem till I noticed a small transmitter connected to the main strobe. I opened the battery compartment and realised there were no batteries in it. Haha! We both laughed over this. As we did not have any 'AAA' cells, we went out to buy them. Along the way, we had a drink at Coffee Bean in The Singapore Post building.

Man, I must say batteries and I did not seem to be in agreement the whole of yesterday. :)

When we came back from our tea-time, we did some test-shots. After adjusting the shutter and aperture readings, the pictures came out beautifully! My sister-in-Christ loved them and I was happy for her and her hubby because now they do not have to spend too much time doing re-shooting because of lighting issues and also cutting down on editing time. Praise God!!!

I had a great time of fellowship over dinner with the couple and their mother at a Japanese restaurant in the Singapore Post building. We were all starving after a long day's work but it was worth it! :)

It's 2.00am. Time to key off, hang my laundry and then sleep.

Good night, world!

No comments: