Friday, July 22, 2011

Thank God for Post-Its!

I just finished a brisk walk at the park opposite my place. It has been about two years since I last did that due to my knee injury. As I was also given the green light by my doctor to do light exercise after my tummy surgery and having lost 9kg (yup!) in the past one month or so (basically not been able to eat much due to the discomfort around the stomach area and dealing with certain concerns I have for my loved ones), I thought I might as well exercise from here onwards, basically to keep fit and hopefully to lose more of the excess. I also miss running on a regular basis but that will come later as I need to go slow and not aggravate my surgical wounds and knees.

The weather was cool and it was pretty dark when I started off. I just walked on and took the time to pray for my parents, grandma, brother, sister, my future, the ministries I am serving in and a few other persons I have a burden for. I also listened to some Christian music and I have been doing that more often than before. It helps me to listen to the words of each song being played and they reminded me of God - His character, His love for me, His presence in my life, etc.

An interesting thought came to mind last night which I posted on FaceBook - as much as there are worries and concerns in my life for the various persons and areas mentioned above, all these have now caused me to place my hope in God which has become the main factor that keeps me going daily. It gives me a sense of anticipation - eagerly waiting for all these prayers to be answered in His time. It also gives me the assurance that my loved ones are in good hands and that God will guide them accordingly as He knows them better than me and His words of encouragement are more effective than mine.

Earlier I mentioned something about my future. Well, lately I have been thinking about one area in my life which I have stopped considering for several years already. This is going to be vague for now because I am still praying about it but should I be more sure in the coming weeks, I will share deeper. :)

This thought was basically sparked off about three weeks ago when two dear siblings-in-Christ mentioned to me about it. I never knew from then on, I have been thinking about it but there were other major concerns I was overwhelmed with then. This is definitely one area I will be seeking God for guidance when I go for my personal retreat early next month. I do not want to jump into it too quickly or let feelings get the better of me because it is one major area that almost everyone will consider at least at one point of their lives. For me, I know it should not be taken too lightly and since I have God walking with me daily, I should consult Him in this and see what He says. I am also beginning to seek counsel with others on this.

To me, it does not matter whether I will pursue it further or not. I basically want to be sure and see where God leads me from here. :)

My life lately has been bittersweet but I am beginning to let God take full control of every area (both the pleasant and unpleasant). There were occasions when I wanted to snatch back what I have surrendered but I have been using post-its to stop me from doing so. :) It has been effective though because what I wrote on them cause me to consider the cost involved should I take matters in my own hands again. Haha. :) Well, thank God for post-its! :)

I shall key off and play with my doggy whom I have neglected for a while.

Have a great day, everyone!

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” Psalm 91:1-2

No comments: