Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Transmitter And Strobe

Yesterday I mentioned about the transmitter being connected to the main light-strobe which a dear sister-in-Christ and I fixed but could not get the flash going because there were no batteries in the transmitter's battery compartment.

I do not know why but I have been thinking about the above incident throughout the time I was doing housework earlier. I realised that experience can be paralleled to that of my relationship with God.

Eversince I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour, I am connected with Him, just like the strobe is connected to the transmitter but I guess it does not just stop there.

In this analogy, I guess God is the transmitter since He is the Giver of life. But in order for me, being the strobe, to give out light, I cannot function without any batteries. If my spiritual tank is dry, then I cannot give out light as God intended me to be in this world.

This is where I need to let my batteries to be constantly running so that the light in me is always shining. How do I do that? I basically asked myself the following questions...

1) Where is God in my life?
2) Is He No. 1?
3) Do I read God's Word?
4) Why do I want to read it?
5) Do I pray?
6) Why do I pray?
7) How and what do I pray?
8) Have I been practicing the discipline of being still so that I can deliberately listen to Him especially in this world of busyness?
9) Am I in fellowship with my spiritual family?
10) Do I have a few siblings-in-Christ whom I can account my life to?

There may be other questions one may ask but for me those were the questions I asked myself while I was reflecting. It is important for every child of God to regularly take pit-stops in our pilgrim's journey so that he can take stock of his life.

Only with this spiritual discipline being inculcated in him will he grow and remain a blessing to the people around.

For me, I have not really kept my life in check for the past one and a half years hence I have been running on an almost-empty tank. Because of this, I have been a stumbling block to my parents, grandma, brother, sister and also my siblings-in-Christ in church. Some damages have been done in the course of my carelessness and I regret them now.

As much as I am praying for reconciliation and working towards being a blessing again, I am focusing, first and foremost, on getting my walk back on track again. Praise God He is helping me in this now.

I know of some other siblings-in-Christ who are in the same rut as me. A sister-in-Christ shared about hers just now in her FaceBook posting.

As a church what are we going to do about this? I think every one in it must never be indifferent. Many times I have been. Every one needs to keep a look-out for one another. We need to be interested in each other's lives. We have to get out of our comfort zones to walk with each other. We need to read God's Word. We need to pray. We need to rebuke in love. We need to be shining lights again.

I am praying for my church that we will do all of the above-mentioned. There are some who are beginning to see all these and I pray God will bring about a breakthrough and revival. We must never be comfortable! That is what I am asking God in my life and in the church I am worshipping in.

We need to get our batteries running again. We need to let our lights shine brightly for God! :)

Press on, my brothers and sisters-in-Christ. Run with me and let us grow towards Christlikeness! :)

"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10:23-25

No comments: