Friday, July 29, 2011

It's Okay To Be A Fool

I just finished spending some time in prayer. I needed to because when I came home I was bombarded by mum and grandma over a small matter related to the rice cooker. I have taught all of them a couple of times on how to use it and it was as simple as just pressing a button and that was it. I even marked it with black tape in the shape of a cross so that it can be differentiated from the other buttons.

After showing them again, suddenly remarks were made by mum as to why I had to buy this kind of rice cooker and grandma said that she should stop cooking for the family since I am making things so difficult for her.

What have I done to make them say those hurting words? At one point I wanted to blow my top but I just stepped away, closed my room door and prayed.

Sometimes I wonder whether my loved ones know what I have been doing for them: taking a step back during conflicts so that I do not lose my cool and blast everyone which all these while have not made things better; giving them space as requested; encouraging them with the Word of God as it holds more wisdom and truth than words from me; praying for them several times daily for our relationships to improve so that instead of putting each other down that we try building each other up.

What do I get in return for taking the effort?

I am not being appreciated. I am being wrongly accused. I am being ignored. I am being doubted. Sometimes they make me feel that it is all my fault... when all these while I have their well-being in mind; when I am doing these out of love for them.

Voices in me kept telling me that I am a fool! An idiot!

During the time I spent praying in my room, I prayed against those voices. I may look like a fool but if I desire for relationships to be better with my loved ones, it has to start with ME. Seriously if that makes me a fool, so be it... as long as it is for the good!

Well, it is not an appropriate time now to talk to mum and grandma. Perhaps tomorrow I will do so.

I am tired but I need to go hang the laundry first before spending some time praising God with my close companion - the guitar.

It is still a great day though it ended in a pretty unpleasant manner. Thanks be to God! :)

"Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12:17-18

"Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble. Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For, “Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech." 1 Peter 3:8-10

No comments: