Sunday, July 31, 2011

I M Possible

All I can conclude for today is simply these three words - "PRAISE THE LORD!"

Before I decide to share my thoughts here, I had to just spend some time worshipping the Lord. For what He has done for me today, everything else that I need to do before I try to catch some sleep can wait. He deserves the praise due His name! No second thoughts about that. :)

This may seem exaggerated but the past few weeks, God's presence has been so evident in my life that I am simply overwhelmed. He has helped me in getting myself back on track, though there is always room for improvement on my part. He has converted all the negative feelings I have in me to positive ones. He has turned some burdens I have for my loved ones to that of hope because I have committed them to prayer. His Word which I have been reading daily have been my source of strength and trust because what He says in the Bible, He will do. Amen to that!

Late last night I was very troubled over a matter after receiving some messages on my mobile but I lifted that to God and this morning when I woke up, I was certain what I needed to do, compared to yesterday when I was very wishy-washy. God heard my prayer, prepared me while I was sleeping, and when I woke up, I simply did what He prompted me. There was simply peace in my heart throughout.

I was also anxious last night about a brunch meeting scheduled this morning. I told the Lord my apprehension and fears. I did not get an answer there and then but this morning when I spent some time communing with God, He just told me to speak the truth... there is nothing else that I have to do.

When the meeting came, I just did what I was led to and the fellowship throughout was pleasant and sincere. I will continue to pray that there will be more of such fellowship because this dear individual whom I was conversing with is someone I cherish deeply. :)

What struck a chord in me in all these encounters was during the missions training session I had with the Youth Ministry Missions Team. The facilitator (an ex-staff of my church and a very dear sister-in-Christ to me) who led the session shared with us a testimony. She was apparently praying for something which seemed impossible. As she struggled through that prayer, a revelation came to her...

If you look at the word "IMPOSSIBLE" (which may apply in a difficult situation or a struggle or a broken relationship, etc) and when you pray about it, God will tell you that "I M Possible." Isn't it wonderful and assuring to note that our God, who is the Great I AM, can make all things possible? :) It is simply just a prayer away. To me, that was an affirmation.

So many things which I have been struggling with one or two months ago; some as long as one to one and a half years ago are now turning for the better because God has reminded me that He can make all things possible. The question is whether I have that faith in Him. Well, the past few weeks I have decided to place that faith/trust in Him because I was at my wit's end. He helped me and I know He will continue to guide me till all the struggles are resolved. Hallelujah!!! :)

One more week and I will be spending some time away on a personal retreat. I have no idea what God has prepared for me but I am open to learn and also to obey. I am looking forward to it but there is this little part in me where I feel a bit apprehensive. Well, I will commit that to God and allow Him to speak as I go along. :)

My legs are like jello now as I brisk-walked with a dear brother over a distance of 4.5km where the route had a couple of up-slopes. Towards the end I ran and I am glad my knees felt okay. I will not push it though till I lose more weight before intensifying my exercise regime.

I shall key off here! Glory be to God!!! :)

"Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”" Matthew 19:26

No comments: