Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Let The King of Glory Come In

The Bible passage that I am reflecting on for this week is taken from Psalm 24...

"The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it; for he founded it on the seas and established it on the waters. Who may ascend the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? The one who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god. They will receive blessing from the LORD and vindication from God their Savior. Such is the generation of those who seek him, who seek your face, God of Jacob. Lift up your heads, you gates; be lifted up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, you gates; lift them up, you ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in. Who is he, this King of glory? The LORD Almighty — he is the King of glory."

Though today is just the third day of the week, Sunday being the first, what struck me so far in reading the verses above is the part on me having clean hands and a pure heart, who does not trust in an idol or swear by a false god.

I do not know why but I was led around the house to pray against certain areas where the idols once stood and where the talismans were once pasted on. Even now I realised there is a picture frame in the living room of three idols on it and also on top of the refrigerator, there is another glass idol.

This is not meant to offend those who still believe in these idols but taking into context that my parents, grandma and I have accepted Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, there is a need for us to remove them. I will speak to my parents and grandma about this tomorrow.

I also prayed for my family that God will remove all the hurts we have caused each other: mum against dad; dad against mum; mum against grandma; grandma against mum; dad against grandma; grandma against dad; mum against me, me against mum; dad against me; me against dad; bro against mum, dad, grandma and me; me against bro. Yup, complicated as it may seem but I prayed for everyone that God will deliver us from all hatred, grudge, bitterness, hurt, unforgiveness, anger... basically anything that is not of God.

I asked instead for love to be restored in the household; that every one will forgive each other as God has forgiven us; that we will love one another as God has first loved us.

I told God that it should begin with me and hopefully there will be a chain reaction from there.

The above-mentioned was one lesson I learnt. The other was the need for my relationship with God to be restored after renouncing these idols and false gods in my life. I prayed for that to happen so that in getting myself back on track, I will be able to see clearly what God's plan/will is for my life again.

It is a fundamental thing that I need to do - it basically dawned upon me that if I am distracted by the people or things around me which sometimes draw my attention away from God, then something is not right already. That is why sometimes when I am far from God, I depend on my own wisdom and understanding in leading my life and in dealing with the circumstances I am facing .

It is so true because in the past one and half years, I have been distracted with my parents and grandma's ill-health; their constant quarrels; the failed plan for me to enter full-time ministry; my dwelling in disappointment and frustration; etc. All these have drawn me away from the Father who has always been stretching His arms out waiting to embrace me but I chose to go the other way.

Not anymore. It is time to put a stop to this because I want to grow in God and also to be a blessing to the people around me. In the course of this struggle I have experienced these past one and a half years, I have hurt a couple of people close to me. I do not want that to happen anymore and I am praying for reconciliation and restoration of relationships.

I want the King of Glory to enter my life again and that His glory will shine through me so that others may be drawn to Him.

To my siblings-in-Christ reading my blog, please pray for me in what I have shared so far.

Glory to God and thank you! :)

No comments: