Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ceaseless Prayer, Transformed Lives!

I just finished hanging the laundry after coming back from walking around town. I just thought I went to check out some books at Borders and Kinokuniya but the roller-coaster of moods decided to come visit me this evening.

I happened to chance upon this book entitled "Wild Child, Waiting Mother: Finding Hope in the Midst of Heartache" by Karilee Hayden and Wendi Hayden English. It spoke of a mother's love for her daughter who has gone astray and for ten years how both parties struggled - with the mother hurting because her daughter chose to go on her own way; and with the daughter making several bad choices during this period. It also showed how both were reconciled because the mother did not give up praying and along the way, the daughter realising her mistakes decided to turn her life around.

It was a heartwarming book though I only browsed briefly through the pages. Looking back now, I should have just bought it. Perhaps I should the next time I visit the bookstore again.

That aside, I suddenly became sad because I thought of a couple of people whom I know, and one of them is close to me, who are somehow in the same state as the daughter featured in the book.

I have been affected by the fact that we were once close to each other but now it feels like we are total strangers. I was just wondering whatever happened to the bond which was built over the years? Did it not withstand the test of time?

Many times I asked God why He allows us to go through this difficult journey. As mentioned in my previous blogs, He has given His creation the free-will to live their lives but He has also provided the necessary resources as guides for them. Whether they choose to live them out is totally another ball game but one thing for sure is that God will be there to catch them when they fall and He will also provide the people who care for these individuals to be there for them in their times of need.

For me, I want to be one of those whom God can use and perhaps this period of sadness/struggle is a training for me so that should the time come for my loved ones needing someone to offer a shoulder to cry on, I will be there and I will more effective in ministering to them.

Till that time comes, I still have to battle the roller-coasters of sometimes being affected but these past few weeks, God has constantly reminded me to turn my burdens to faith/prayer. I have been practising though occasionally I falter. I am a human afterall.

I hope to sleep soon (whether I can is another question altogether) but I guess I will spend some time praying.

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

No comments: