Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Let Truth Speaks

The discomfort around my chest area is acting up again. Just took the medication prescribed - I guess the pain should go away soon.

Since coming back from church and also grocery-shopping at NEX, I have been doing housework till now - waylaid my doggy and gave her a thorough scrubbing; next was the peach-face love-bird; followed by the two fatty hammies (I think they really need to go on a Tough Club programme); after that I swept and mopped the floor; just finished hanging up the laundry. Praise the Lord! :)

Though tired physically, I feel refreshed spiritually. While I was doing the various chores above, I basically plugged in my earphones and listened to some songs - mainly Christian ones. I also took the time to pray.

I was pondering on a matter too - something that has been bothering me since yesterday after I met two dear brothers for supper. It has to do with certain misunderstandings some people still have of me and it is related to what I have shared before in two blogs I wrote on "Stigma Of Being A Single 1 & 2."

Sometimes it hurts when people doubt my integrity but I cannot blame them because there are so many negative examples around which probably cause them to generalise the issue.

I have spoken to God and two persons I respect on this matter before. The two siblings-in-Christ basically told me that everyone has the right to say what they want but if my conscience is clear, then I have nothing to be bothered about. One day they will see the truth and that is good enough for them to reflect and evaluate that they were wrong in their initial remark made.

I also remembered the words of this late sister-in-Christ, Aunty Mary, who used to talk to me a lot when I was a young Christian - she always told me, "Andy, God is always watching over us. There is nothing we can hide from Him so always speak the truth. Honour God, okay?" :)

Well, time will tell eventually. Even if it does not, I will still have to account to God for my actions one day. There is truly nothing we can hide from Him.

As much as I am affected by the above-mentioned, I do not bear a grudge against those who have been doubting my motives in what I do for another person, especially someone who is of the opposite gender and younger. But one thing I do pray and hope is that people should come and talk to me about it than to assume things. It is also something that I need to remind myself to practice so that in doing so, we will not hurt that particular person involved and also to prevent a fellowship from being broken.

I guess this stigma will always remain in me. As long as I am a single, I will have to live with it and always be ready to account should someone ask. :)

I shall key off here... I just realised I have not cleared the rubbish in the kitchen.

"Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God." John 3:20-21

No comments: