Thursday, July 07, 2011

Remember: Satan Has No Power Over You. God Does!

Praise the Lord for today! In the morning I was feeling nervous and anxious as I needed to settle something with someone in the evening. Then I prayed for God to take charge of the time we are going to spend together that it would be one where His name be glorified and the both of us edified. I also prayed that we would not let emotions get the better of us.

In the afternoon I met up with a dear brother-in-Christ whom I have not met for almost a year. He felt burdened for me with regards to my physical and spiritual well-being.

Again he was God-sent and in the time of fellowship, he warned me against the devil prowling around like a roaring lion, waiting to devour anyone along the way. It is quite interesting to note that this was also cautioned to me by another sibling-in-Christ yesterday and the messages are almost similar.

This pastor-friend knew I was considering full-time ministry in the area of missions at the beginning of last year but I had to shelf the idea due to the ill-health of my parents and grandma. It was from here that my life went downhill as I was in a limbo. I lost confidence in myself and started wondering as to why the plans did not go accordingly. On top of that the stress I was experiencing in having to take care of the three old folks. Slowly it became very frustrating as I felt helpless having to deal with their occasional squabbles which sometimes escalated to quite a violent scene.

This then led me to having resentment towards my parents and grandma for spoiling my plans and of course it spilled over to my other loved ones.

My this dear friend needed to run through the whole course of my journey in the past one and a half years so that I could see for myself what was the root of it all. Just like it was told to me yesterday by another sibling-in-Christ, the common target is my loved ones.

Satan always uses our loved ones to attack us because usually that would weaken and affect us the most. As much as I do not want to give him too much credit, I have to admit that he can inflict quite a damage.

But the message of revelation here is that this idiotic creature who has been going around creating havoc was actually defeated when Jesus died on the cross for our sins. The sad part is that many times Christians fall into his traps and when that happens, he or she would feel defeated and dejected.

My pastor-friend challenged me to claim the victorious name of Jesus against the work of Satan and this foe has no choice but to flee because God is greater!

The time spent with that someone in the evening turned out well and I give all thanks and praise to God for that. I have learnt not to see my loved ones as my foes anymore. The real enemy is Satan. I will be on my watch all the time against his schemes and with Jesus, who has died for my sins and overcame death on the cross, by my side, who am I to fear?

If you have read my blogs recently, all the accounts point to one thing - the God whom I worship is so real! If not, I would have been left on my own to deal with the problems I am going through now. :)

Soon I would be going on a personal retreat to seek God for directions in my life ahead. I think it is going to be an adventurous one!

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 5: 6-11

No comments: