Friday, July 22, 2011

Praise God For Good Bargains!

It has been a long day. I basically occupied myself with things to do instead of just letting my mind run wild.

When I woke up, I changed all the bedsheets in all three rooms and have them washed. I also spent some time with grandma to find out how she has been lately. Yesterday she thought everyone has locked the home phone to prevent her from calling her relatives and friends. She went out and used the public phone to call my brother and I to tell us about it. As we know that was not true, I called dad who was at home. Initially I dialled the home number but it was engaged. I suspected the handset was off the hook. I called his mobile next and asked him to check. True enough the phone in my parents' room was not placed properly. It has happened a couple of times.

Anyway, I explained and told grandma not to think negatively and should those thoughts come again, that she should commit them to God. It has helped me tremendously these past two weeks or so and I know it will also work on grandma. :)

When that was done, I went to meet an ex-colleague (who will be my colleague again soon) to help me download a new software on my MacBook Pro.

After that I went to meet two dear siblings-in-Christ (who are husband and wife) at their new office as I was supposed to follow one of them to buy some camera equipment in the evening. Before that, we all basically did our own work. I brought for each of us a tumbler of Nespresso coffee to beat the zzz-monster especially after lunch. I am glad they enjoyed it. Praise God!

When we were done, I went to play with the three dogs at the above couple's home. One of them was so attached to me. He was basically whining as he let me stroke his head. My heart just went out to the doggy. It felt as if he was trying to tell me something but I simply could not understand. I hope the stroking helped. :(

After dropping my sister-in-Christ's mum at Parkway Parade, both of us headed for Holland Village to purchase a camera set, a dehumidifier cabinet and also some other camera accessories. Her husband did not go as he needed to lead a Bible study in church. Praise God for the very good price given to us and till now I still cannot believe it was so cheap.

After putting the stuff in the car, we went to have dinner at the hawker centre as we did not want to spend too much on food. We also needed to rush off to Sim Lim Square to buy a router as it was already quite late. Thank God we managed to make it on time. Before we left Holland Village, we each got a cup of bubble tea.

I got a lift home. After washing up, I locked the room door, took out my guitar and spent some time praising God and praying. I decided to do that as there were some thoughts running in my mind. I thought instead of letting them affect me that I focus on thanking God for everything and also to commit to Him those burdens.

It was an uplifting time with Him though it was short. Lately I have been consciously telling myself that there is no point for me to worry too much for my loved ones or other burdens I am carrying. Yes, sometimes I feel helpless but I guess that feeling should motivate me to let God take over because He can handle anything and everything.

Well, I shall end here. I am just going to off the light and listen to some music. My doggy is already on my bed, waiting for me to play with her. :)

Good night, all and have a restful weekend!

No comments: