Thursday, August 30, 2007

Boasting About Our Weaknesses

Yesterday I wrote that if I see Yi-ge again today, I would sit down and chat with him. Well, I did not get to meet him when I was on my way to the MRT station but I met his maid. It was good that I chanced upon her. I asked her a couple of questions - apparently Yi-ge speaks Hokkien and Mandarin and he had a stroke about two years ago. He was totally immobilised when he first got the attack but his condition has improved since.

All these information are useful to me as they will aid me in my conversation with Yi-ge. He can also read Chinese books so I was thinking of getting him a Christian literature - maybe a testimony about someone who was in the same predicament as he is.

May the Lord provide for me accordingly.

I have this feeling I am going to fall sick again - I am sniffing and feeling a little lethargic. It did not help that during the Missions Committee meeting in church just now, one of my siblings-in-Christ is down with flu. I am praying for the Lord to protect me physically due to my service as a worship leader this Sunday.

Talked about the Missions Committee meeting, I would like to thank God for guiding us through it. I was not looking forward to the session as there are just too many major matters to discuss. I felt really helpless and weak but God once again showed me that His power has been made perfect in my weakness. He saw us through the two hours spent together. I left the room with more excitement than fear. Thanks be to God for that! There are still many things to look into but I shall remind myself that my God will be there to see me through them all! One thing to also give thanks to Him for - many more in the church are coming forth to express their desires to be involved in the work of missions. It is very encouraging to note this wind of change in the church.

When I came home and after I had a nice, refreshing bath, a dear sister sent me a song called "Look On The Bright Side Of Life" over the MSN as an encouragement. Though it is a secular song, it served as a good reminder that I need to look on the bright side of life and not let troubles or disappointments take away the joy of living. Funnily, my body began to sway left and right as I listened to it. After playing the song a couple more times, my body seemed to sway even more vigorously and everything else around me also seemed to be swaying. Anyway, praise the Lord for the timely gift from my sister-in-Christ!

It has been a day of uncertainties but God cleared the air for me! Oh ya, before I end, I want to share that today machines and I did not get along well. I was in the church office - I was shredding some papers and the shredder jammed; I was photostating some documents and the machine jammed; my notebook hung when I was reading some past minutes of the Missions Committee meetings. Well, in the end all problems were resolved though. Hallelujah!

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments: