Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Make The Best Of Today

I came back about two hours ago from the home of two dear brothers-in-Christ whose grandfather passed away suddenly in his room. I was in church msn-ing a few people and was preparing to go home at around 7pm when I got a message from one of the above two brothers informing me that his grandpa has stopped breathing. Though he said he has called his father, I still did not feel at ease and decided to head for his place to see whether I could assist in any way. Thanks to one of the church staff who gave me a lift, I was able to reach their place quickly. I shall leave it as that and not write further. I stayed on to help as much I could. I pray the Lord will prepare the way for the family especially tomorrow in the funeral arrangements.

The incident above has reminded me again how fleeting life can be. One will never know when his time on earth will last. If that is case, why worry so much about what the future holds when what matters is the today we need to enjoy and find meaning in? I guess it is a timely reminder for me especially in what I shared in my previous blog about how frustrating it can be trying to find out what my future (relationship with God and people, ministy prospects, marriage, career, etc.) lies. The future does not matter when one cannot even enjoy and find purpose in the present.

Well, there are still a few things in my life that I need to surrender fully to God and also to seek what His will is. Whatever and however I can, I will continue to dwell in the goodness of the Lord and let Him use me accordingly.

Thanks be to God for the every day He gives us!

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:33-34

No comments: