Saturday, August 25, 2007

Got Devoured Today!

On my way home just now around 6 plus, I told myself I would not let this morning's incident of my polo-tee to affect my relationship with mum. But... yup, there is a but. When I got home, mum made this comment as to why I made such a big fuss about the stains when she could not see them at all. That detonated the fuse in me and I told her it is not about whether the stains are there or not, it is about being more careful next time. What disappointed me was the fact that I took about an hour to use various sorts of stain-removers available at home to deal with the damage and yet what I got from her was an insensitive remark.

I do not know whether this is a spiritual attack or not. When I rebutted, dad told me not to be rude to mum - which part of our conversation was I being rude? I was merely stating facts and giving a reminder and for that I was deemed to be rude.

Anyway, I could have blown the matter way out of proportion to justify what I have mentioned but I chose not to and walked away. I went out again to Chjimes to watch the Sunderland-Liverpool match. I had to go out of the house as I knew it would not do every one good if I had remained at home.

Tomorrow I am serving the Lord in the Worship Team and I have unsettled matters with my parents. How am I going to be fully focused and also to worship God wholeheartedly? Sigh.

I just got home. When I was walking to the MRT station at Raffles City, I prayed and asked the Lord to help me. I know what I need to do and that is to be reconciled with my parents. I just hope they will be more reasonable and understand what I was trying to say to them earlier in the evening. Anyway, I am just going to say sorry to them and nothing else as I believe I have already made my point and there is no need to repeat them.

Never knew an incident like a polo-tee can escalate to the point where three persons are affected. I guess this is a classic example of the devil being depicted as a roaring lion prowling around waiting to devour any one in its path.

I was looking forward to a restful and meaningful weekend but nothing of that sort so far. In fact, I am more tired now than any other days combined.

Anyway, I guess God did answer my prayers on the part of removing the stains. There are still very faint patches of the dye from mum's blouse but they should go away after a few more washes.

One of those adventures in life that I would rather avoid but it was not to be for the above-mentioned. If you were in my shoes, would you have reacted like I did? If Jesus was in my shoes, what would He have done? I wonder.

"Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 5:8

No comments: