Thursday, August 16, 2007

God's Timing Is Always Spot-On!

Not long ago I shared about my discouragement in leading the missions ministry in church as in how I felt drained, lost and running out of ideas as to how else to steer the committee. Well, this morning and early afternoon I received a boost in my service to the Lord after I had a time of fellowship with my Pastor-in-charge.

After she shared with me about the directions the church is heading next year, I was encouraged and motivated to seek the Lord as to what He wants the committee to do and how we can complement and supplement the church in this area of service. There are a lot to do but I shall not let these taunt me. May the Lord be my source of strength and help.

I praise the Lord for sending someone like my Senior Pastor to spur me on at the appropriate time. Just last night when I was doing a report for the Last Local Conference, I shared my frustrations, disappointments, personal shortomings and struggles as a chairperson. I guess God knew I have reached a stage where I need to be refreshed and encouraged. Truly He knows best!

Yesterday I was also feeling bad about not being supportive towards someone's idea and desire for something. I gave my views based on my ever logical thinking and concerns but I failed to see the part where it could have made the person happy if I had supported the suggestion. I learnt and I praise the Lord for the lesson taught.

At the beginning of this week I was sharing how this week would be a busy one. Well, half of it is gone and I praise God that He has been sustaining me thus far.

I shall stop here for now.

"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." Psalm 34:8

No comments: