Thursday, August 02, 2007

God Is My Shepherd!

I was at "Wayne's World" just now to do my monthly evaluation. "Wayne's World" was a comedy movie I watched many years ago - it showed these two guys who went to this place where they were in the line of path in which all the commercial aircrafts would fly and land. They would sit on the bonnet of their car and just watched planes after planes landing and taking off. My "Wayne's World" is a beach along the stretch of Changi coastline where I like to go and just sit on one of the stone-benches and watch all sorts of giant mechanised birds fly above me as I spend some time in quiet before the Lord. Well, of course it can be noisy at times when an aeroplane flies past but it was alright.

I had a great time with the Lord as I read my past month's journal-entries and also re-reading my blogs. Many things had happened in the month of July. It has been a tiring one basically but it was all worth it as I also learnt a lot from the experiences.

I have been drained physically, mentally and emotionally from having to handle mum's cancer saga. The falls and all that she had were a great burden for me as I do not wish mum to suffer physically and mentally. It frustrates me when I could not do much to prevent such accidents as I cannot be there for her all the time. I cannot also expect my family members to be there for her all the time. That is why this feeling of helplessness adds on to my already-exhausted self. I did learn something though. Actually it is more of a reminder - though my family and I cannot always be there for mum, there is one Person who can. He is none other than God Himself. With that in mind, every day I pray that He will be by mum's side to take care of all her needs. That brought a lot of comfort and peace in me.

By the way, thanks be to God that her condition is improving. She has two more radiotherapy sessions to go. In two weeks' time, she has to go for another scan after the last session and we would know by then whether the tumour is totally gone. I know it will as I believe God will answer my prayer and the prayers of my siblings-in-Christ who have been interceding for mum. I also want this complete healing to be done so that every one who knows about mum's condition can testify how great and real God is.

I have also been quite busy preparing to go back to work again after almost one year of sabbatical. A lot I have encountered during these several months of being away from work and doing other things that I usually cannot get to do if I am teaching. Praise the Lord for the experiences. I will write all that I have learnt from the various adventures next month when I officially end my sabbatical. The preparation I mentioned at the beginning of this particular paragraph is that of attending staff meetings to know what I am going to be doing when I start work again next month. I have been tasked with many responsibilities but I shall look forward to the challenges ahead.

I have also been helping a dear friend as much as I could to prepare for her trip overseas. I have learnt a lot from doing the various stuff and seeing God providing along the way. He has been good in clearing obstacles upon obstacles, right up to the very day she left which was yesterday. She had many to bring over and yesterday when she was checking in, the overall weight for her baggages exceeded what was allowed. Usually in cases like this, the passenger has to pay for the excess baggage. When I was told of this situation, I whispered a prayer immediately for the check-in staff to be lenient and understanding since my friend is a student. The Lord just told me to use this reason to inform the staff. I did just that. Guess what? The staff accepted the reason I gave and did not charge us for the excess. Praise the Lord. After that I shook the hand of the kind gentleman. :) I am also happy that all went well for my friend at the customs. It was tough to bid my friend farewell but thanks be to God for this opportunity that she has, to experience a different lifestyle overseas.

By the time I finish this blog, my friend would have landed and I wish her well in her endeavours ahead. May the Lord continue to lead her and provide for her in everything she does!

One thing I realised I have failed to do is in the area of the missions ministry in which I have been tasked to take care of. Though I am the chairperson, I realised I have not put my heart and soul in looking into the matters concerning the ministry. I do not wish to use this as an excuse but mum's health condition has drained me so much that I find it hard to do other things. Anyway, I have prayed and asked the Lord to recharge me and to give me a fresh beginning to this area of service.

I am now in Ngee Ann City Coffee Bean. It is always great to be here to just write about the Lord's goodness and also to share about the struggles faced in this pilgrim's journey. The staff in this cafe are friendly as always - greeting me with great enthusiasm and punching my orders without asking me what I would like to have since they already know my standard requests. Praise the Lord for every one of them whom to some extent have become my friends. Haha.

Okie, I shall end here as I may be meeting some siblings-in-Christ for dinner. Still waiting for their confirmation which I hope will come soon. I need time to travel to where they intend to eat.

Thanks be to God for the month of July and now for this new month. A lot of adventures ahead but looking forward to them. May God be my help as I go through each and every one of them!

"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." Psalm 23

No comments: