Friday, August 10, 2007

Honour God At All Times!

Finally I am done with my involvement in this year's National Day celebration. It is a hot day and I decided to come to my favourite coffee joint in Ngee Ann City to cool myself down with a serving of Ice Mango Creme. I did not have enough sleep -tempted to go home to nap but decided against it. I shall endure till tonight.

I had to write a report and throughout the time when I was facing my computer, I was thinking about how I should word it. It burdened my heart because what I had to write will affect an individual. I could not lie as I am accountable to God for it. I prayed for wisdom and after much consideration, I finished it up. I related the whole account and gave my explanation. I also made some recommendations to the whole matter. I pray all will turn out fine for everyone eventually. I know it will because I tried all I could to honour God in what I have stated.

I have been informed in an email that a minister will be worshipping in my church this Sunday. Initially my heart became anxious as I will be playing the drums and I am still unsure of certain parts. In that short moment of fear, I was being rebuked with regards to my focus on the whole matter. The question that hit me was this - "Who am I trying to please?" The answer was obvious - I am supposed to please God and not the minister, who is also a human. I sought the Lord for forgiveness and peace was restored in my heart.

Well, I guess I shall stop here for now and do some reading.

"These are the things you are to do: Speak the truth to each other, and render true and sound judgment in your courts; do not plot evil against your neighbor, and do not love to swear falsely. I hate all this," declares the LORD." Zechariah 8:16-17

"Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10

No comments: