Saturday, August 25, 2007

One Of Those Days...

The beginning of the weekend did not start off well for me. I did all my laundry this morning and was about to hang them up when I noticed a dark-coloured blouse (belonging to mum) was placed next to my yellow polo-tee. I panicked as I was afraid the colour of mum's top might stain mine. True enough, my fear came true.

Three brown patches of different sizes were marked on the lower part of the polo-tee. I was fuming mad as I knew it would be difficult to remove them. I also knew the top was not cheap and it was a gift from someone. I called mum and questioned her why did she not think about the risk of staining my clothes or for that matter anybody else's? Though she apologised, I still did not cool down.

I tried my best to remove the stains but they were still there. I decided to soak them in detergent and hot water. After that I had to go out for lunch with some friends. I have no idea whether I can solve this problem. It would be such a waste that nothing can be done about it. Sigh.

I know I could have tried to cool down. Not trying to justify for my blow-up but I have been rather patient in other incidents where the same thing happened. This time I felt I needed to say my piece as I cannot let this keep going on where one after another of my clothes are being destroyed by other people's carelessness. It is very irritating to see such situations happening when I make an effort to take care of the things I have. Yes, I can always buy a new piece of polo-tee but that is not the point.

I have more or less cooled down but the pain of knowing that the damage on my polo-tee may not be reversed pains my heart. I spent some time in prayer to seek the Lord's forgiveness if I had sinned against Him in the process of this. I also asked Him to help me remove the stains. I also prayed for my parents and every one in the family that they will be more careful the next time they wash their clothes. Mum has destroyed three of my tops (inlcuding this one), dad and bro each damaged one and grandma stained two (both occasions when she was dying her hair). Seven in total - how can I not be angry? It is really a waste.

I went for a walk with my doggy when I woke up at around 7am. I tried to run but struggled as the pain around my knees still lingers. Sigh. In the end I just walked - I wonder how much calories I burnt doing that. Anyway, praise God that I still have the ability to walk. I have this fear one day I may not be able to. Even my Senior Pastor commented that I am limping more these days. So be it if one day I have to be confined to a wheelchair.

Okie, shall stop here. I shall go to Kinokuniya and Borders to check out some books after this.

"Strengthen the feeble hands, steady the knees that give way; say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear; your God will come,... he will come to save you." Isaiah 35:3-4

No comments: