Friday, August 17, 2007

My Identity Is In Christ Alone!

Today has been a super-long day for me. Started at 6:30am when I met my accountability group for a time of fellowship. Then it was to my church before heading to Paya Lebar Methodist Church for the Young Methodist Leaders' Conference mentors' prayer meeting.

It was a great time spent praying for the mentors and also for the participants. I am looking forward to the conference next month - it will be my first time leading a group at the retreat and I still do not know what God can do through me. I guess I shall take the next few weeks to seek Him in this.

I went back to my own church after that and spent the whole afternoon preparing for the Worship Team rehearsal and also for Sunday's service. By then I was already drained.

I met a brother and sister-in-Christ just before the practice to discuss with them about their wedding plans at the end of the year. I am glad to be able to help coordinate their big day. Last Sunday I was asked by my Assistant Pastor to help another couple in their wedding preparations. Though I do not know them, I agreed since God has given me this experience. May the Lord use me to lighten the loads of these my siblings-in-Christ. I also hope to know them better and to make their wedding a memorable one.

A dear brother, who is supposed to be the drummer for this week, could not join us tonight as he could not secure an air-ticket back to Singapore from Thailand. We managed to cope without him when another brother, who is rostered to play the bass, covered the percussions instead. The rehearsal was a refreshing time for me as the words of all the songs ministered to me. I want to share the lyrics of the closing song - I was affirmed of my identity in Christ and it brings comfort and joy that I have a mighty God as my source of strength and help when in need.

Who Am I?

Verse 1:
Who am I? That the Lord of all the earth
would care to know my name, would care to feel my hurt.
Who am I? That the bright and morning star
would choose to light the way, of my ever wondering heart.
Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done.
Not because of what I've done, but because of who You are.

Chorus:
I am a flower quickly fading, here today and gone tomorrow;
a wave tossed in the ocean, a vapor in the wind.
Still You hear me when I'm calling, Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
and You've told me who I am,
I am Yours.

Verse 2:
Who am I? That the eyes that see my sin
would look on me with love, and watch me rise again.
Who am I? That the voice that calmed the sea
would call out through the rain, and calm the storm in me.
Not because of who I am, but because of what You've done.
Not because of what I've done, but because of who You are.

I hope you too are touched by the meaningful and powerful words of affirmation!

Well, the team can only practice that much. The rest we want to leave it to the Lord to guide us accordingly. May His name be glorified! May the church worship Him in spirit and in truth!

Tomorrow is another long day as I have a leaders' retreat to attend. Shall look forward to it anyway!

I guess that is all for this day that the Lord has made for all. Thanks be to Him!

Here's wishing all a restful and blessed weekend!

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God." Colossians 3:16

No comments: