Sunday, August 12, 2007

Everything Is Possible In Christ!

This new week has a lot of things that I need to do. I also need the Lord to lead and guide me accordingly. Mum will be going for her last radiotherapy session this Wednesday. After that she will go for a scan. I have been feeling quite anxious the past few days about this. I have been praying that the result will reveal that mum is completely healed.

I am also going by faith in the above-mentioned because I have booked for mum and dad to go on a short holiday (5 days) to Vietnam beginning Friday. I was praying whether I should do so and was at peace throughout the time I was seeking God regarding this decision.

I am also leading the praise and worship for the 11:15am service next Sunday. I have not prayed and thought about it. I hope I will be able to listen to the Lord as to what He wants me to do. I am looking forward to it but at the same time, I have this burden of being distracted by the busy schedules.

This Saturday is also the Leaders' Retreat which is another area where I need to start asking the Lord as to what else He wants the Missions Ministry to do for the new church year. Next year's focus is on outreach and mission - that means the Missions Ministry will need to do more. It is a daunting task but I pray, with God being our Guide, all in the committee will see where God wants us to go and do.

It is quite scary as I look at the above things that I need to do - I know all will turn out well but the human fear tells me otherwise.

Anyway, funnily I had some things which I wanted to talk about in today's blog but facing the monitor now, I cannot recall what they were. I will write again should I remember.

I shall look forward to this brand new week with joy and hope. May God be my help. I shall spend some time in prayer after this to surrender to God the above-mentioned and also to pray for a few people whom I feel a burden for.

A new week of adventures, here I come!

"Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always." Psalm 105:2-4

"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you." Psalm 9:10

No comments: