Monday, August 27, 2007

It's Not That Bad Afterall

I just finished preparing for the worship session for this Sunday's 11:15am service. I am scheduled to lead again. Though it was just two weeks ago that I served as a Worship Leader, I am fine with being rostered again as it is always a joy to serve the Lord and also to worship Him with the rest of my siblings-in-Christ! It is my prayer that the Lord will be pleased with the offerings we give to Him as a church.

In one of my blogs I wrote not too long ago, I shared about this particular Coffee Bean staff in the Ngee Ann City branch who did not smile whenever I smiled at him. I also shared that in one of my visits to this joint, he returned a smile. Well, yesterday another progress was made. He was cleaning the table next to mine and as always, I would just smile at him. To my surprise, other than returning the smile, he also spoke to me. As this gentleman is intellectually slower than others, he was trying to tell me that he would be knocking off from work soon. He took out his watch and showed me the time which he would be going home.

I praise the Lord for allowing the both of us to know each other better and breaking the ice. I have yet to know his name and I will try to ask him the next time I see him. I am actually at the branch now but he seems to be off-duty today. Another time, I guess.

Another thing I want to praise the Lord for. Yesterday when I reached home, I greeted my parents and thanks be to God, they acknowledged it. Well, we are not talking as much yet but I think this is already a progress. This morning mum asked whether I wanted to eat breakfast and I basically declined as I was not hungry. I hope later when I go home, there will be more opportunities for us to interact.

I just met my friends' friend who happened to pop by the cafe for a drink and also to do a tele-conferencing to China. I did not notice her and felt quite weird when I noticed this lady walking towards me and standing next to me. She was one of the helpers for my friends' wedding a few years back and I was surprised that she still remembers me. We forgot each other's names so we had to re-introduce ourselves to one another.

Well, I guess situations like the three I mentioned above do make one's day just as much as on some other days we may be faced with unpleasant incidents which tend to affect us in a negative sense.

No matter what, thanks be to God for them. I am learning not to let unpleasant matters to affect me easily but to look at them as opportunities for me to learn and overcome my weaknesses and shortcomings.

“You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.” Isaiah 26:3

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." Isaiah 62:5-6

No comments: