Sunday, August 05, 2007

Fleeing Is Not Always A Sign Of Cowardice

Sometimes I have myself to blame for some of the physical sufferings I am going through. I was with the youths at Tavistock Park - they were playing touch rugby. I have always loved playing this sport and being a spectator was not enough for me. I was very tempted to join in. Of course I did though I knew I should not as my left knee-cap was still recovering. Running in weird angles and everywhere also did not help. Sigh. Well, my both knees are super painful now. I cannot squat and when I walk, they are super sore and I could also feel the looseness of the joints. If I am angry, I can only be angry with myself.

Now I can only pray for the Lord's grace to be upon me. I hope He can heal me completely from this injury as I really want to exercise again. It is frustrating when I so desire to work my body out but there is this inconvenience preventing me from doing so. :(

Anyway, I did enjoy myself tremendously especially when I could outrun some of the youths who were chasing after me when I got hold of the ball. I guess this is the first and the last time I am able to play - I think it will be a long time before I could participate in the game again.

I guess from next week onwards, I will serve as a referee and be contented with that role for now.

Well, so much for that. I just got to know of a dear sister-in-Christ's grandma who just passed away. She asked me a couple of questions pertaining to her granny's faith and all. I hope she was able to understand my explanations. I am praying that the Lord will be close to the family during this period of mourning.

I attended the Youth Ministry session this morning and the topic of discussion was on sexual immorality. The youths were reminded what they should or should not be doing when it comes to matters of the heart. It is always that easy to cross the line and sinned against one another and God. I was taught that our body is a temple of the Holy Spirit - we should not defile it. I also learnt that God has given us our bodies as a trust - meaning to say we need to be good stewards of our bodies.

Well, if ever I get married, I know my body is for my spouse and it will not ever be used for other reasons when it comes to issues like sex. The youths were also challenged to flee from sexual sins as that is the best preventive measure one can take to avoid falling into the traps of the evil one. Ultimately we were reminded that things like sex and all are for the purpose of marriage and nothing else. If one can keep that in mind, he or she may strife less against falling into the temptation of pre-marital sex.

Fleeing is good at times - not a sign of cowardice but wisdom.

I guess that is all for today. My legs are really killing me - wearing knee braces for both legs now.

Thanks be to God for everything.

"Everything is permissible for me"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"—but I will not be mastered by anything. "Food for the stomach and the stomach for food"—but God will destroy them both. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. By his power God raised the Lord from the dead, and he will raise us also. Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ himself? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! Do you not know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, "The two will become one flesh." But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit. Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:12-20

No comments: