Saturday, September 01, 2007

Every Day Is A Brand New Beginning

Yesterday I did not seem to be able to put my heart and soul in everything that I did. I almost missed attending the Young Methodist Leaders' Conference (YMLC) Mentors' Prayer Meeting at 10am. I was still in bed at 9:30am when I suddenly realised about it. I jumped out of bed, quickly washed up and rushed to Paya Lebar Methodist Church. Thank God I managed to still be punctual. Praise the Lord!

I headed to my church after that. I had wanted to take the whole afternoon to prepare for the praise and worship session for this Sunday's service but I struggled. I was distracted by a couple of things in the church office - food, the staff as in interacting with them, lunch, fighting the zzz-monster (so hard to keep myself awake after a hearty meal). Anyway, I took some time to pray and asked the Lord to help me. Only two hours before the Worship Team rehearsal was I able to complete the preparations. Again, thanks be to God!

Then I was told of more things that I need to do for the Missions Committee. I was quite puzzled by a couple of things that the Committee need to look into. I became fearful again as to how to meet the various needs of the new tasks given to me. A couple of times I must confessed that I was complaining a lot - in the end I was reminded that with my own abilities and understanding, it would be tough to deal with the new matters at hand but if I trust the Lord to guide and provide for me, then these "problems" will become "blessings" eventually. Well, I prayed about my concerns and felt better after that. Hallelujah!

The Worship Team rehearsal last night was a little haphazard. This is basically my personal feelings. I thought the practice for all the songs was not tight enough. The whole session felt very draggy. There was this sense of emptiness which I could not really pinpoint the problem. Anyway, we managed to do two rounds of rehearsals for all the songs. It felt pointless to keep practising some of the songs - decided to call it a night and leave it till Sunday to tie down the loose-ends. The session was not that bad except that something seemed to be missing. Anyway, it could be just me as I was not feeling too well. I felt a little feverish and lethargic. I also did not have the appetite to eat dinner. Well, I know Sunday all will be well with God's intervention and guidance. I shall take the whole of tomorrow to ponder on the songs and to also spend time praying for the service. Glory be to Him!

I had supper with some siblings-in-Christ at Geylang after that. Though I felt tired I decided to join them still as I had already given them my promise that I would go. I had a bit of beef noodles, frog-legs porridge and also fried oysters omelette. We spent about two hours fellowshipping over meal. I am thankful for a brother who gave me a lift home.

Well, I guess that is all - today is a brand new day and a brand new start. I shall not let the setbacks of yesterday to affect the many wonderful opportunities of today.

I shall take some time after this to give thanks for all of the above-mentioned. I will also pray for the burdens I have for some people who are close to my heart and also for the ministries God has placed me in.

The Lord is always good and His love endures forever.

"Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods." Psalm 95:1-3

"Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care." Psalm 95:6-7a

No comments: