Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I Am God's Instrument

I came back not too long ago from the Local Church Executive Committee (LCEC) meeting. I have been re-elected as the Missions Ministry chairperson for another year in office. Just as much as it is a privilege to serve the Lord and His people in the church, I also carry this burden of giving my best to encourage the members to carry out the Great Commission God has given to all Christians. May the Lord continue to be my help and may He glorified in all that I do.

It has been a long and tiring day for me as I was in church since the late morning. I decided to get some work done for the Missions Ministry and also to prepare for the LCEC meeting where I needed to present an update on a matter. I have been troubled over this for a couple of months already but by the grace of God, He has provided a way out and I shall go ahead from here.

I still need His counsel and guidance and I know in His time, all will be resolved and that this action taken will allow a people-group in the region to grow in their skills in every aspect concerning their lives (spiritually, physically and economically).

I needed to answer some queries from the other leaders and again, thanks be to God, I was able to have Him in my sight as I answered accordingly. I fumbled here and there in my answers but at least now the LCEC understands the approach the Missions Committee is taking. I have been in leadership for so many years and still I am nervous whenever I needed to present something or answer some questions.

I do not know whether I have shared this before - I realised no matter how daunting a task can be in my role as a chairperson as in the many issues that I need to look into or the new plans I will be executing in the near future, God will still see them through eventually. I have to remind myself constantly that I am a vessel being used by Him. With my own abilities and understanding, I may not be able to carry out my role effectively but with God, I can! Sometimes I forgot about this, hence I get discouraged but I will try to remember God's omni-presence in this new church-year and serve Him and His people with joy.

In another hour, there is a Liverpool vs Porto Champions League match. I am exhausted but I want to watch. I also need to wake up early later as I have to be at Seletar Country Club for my church's Charity Golf Tournament. I know what I should do but I just refused to sleep, knowing that I would be missing a good game. Haha.

Anyway, I am going to stop here as I need to pack my camera equipment for the tournament.

"In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for noble purposes and some for ignoble. If a man cleanses himself from the latter, he will be an instrument for noble purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work." 2 Timothy 2:20-21

No comments: