Monday, September 24, 2007

Rest In The Lord

It has been a couple of days since I last blog. The weekend has been a busy and exhausting period for me. For three weeks in a row, I have been going on either conference or retreats: first was the Young Methodist Leaders' Conference (YMLC); then it was the Youth Ministry Mentors' (YMMs) Retreat; and on Saturday it was the Local Church Executive Committee (LCEC) Retreat.

On top of that, the church kindergarten also had a Mid-Autumn Celebration for the students and their parents on Saturday. I enjoyed the time spend with the little ones as I took pictures of them. When my photography duty was done, I basically played with them in a game of catching. I am getting a little too old for that but I still had fun. I was also trying to encourage two other kids (both girls) to attend the Children's Ministry. They lived very near church, just a few houses away but I was told their parents do not allow them to do so. I pray one day God will soften the hearts of their parents.

The day was not done yet after the children's programme. I went next to celebrate a dear sister-in-Christ's birthday with a few other siblings-in-Christ at Brewerks in Clarke Quay. We met up at 9:30pm and by the time we ate, drank and fellowshipped, it was already 1am. I reached home at around 1:30am. By the time I washed up and unpacked my camera equipment, it was close to 2:30am.

I had to wake up at 7am to attend the YMM Bible Study session at 8am; then I had to teach at the Youth Ministry (YM); then it was to the Plaza to conduct a Mission and Vacation-With-A-Purpose (VWAP) trips' briefing for members who have signed up for them. The briefing was done for both services; then it was off to celebrate another sister-in-Christ's birthday at Ang Mo Kio Hub.

I thank God I was able to go home and catch a wink or two for about two hours. After that it was out again to meet the running gang for dinner at Heartland Mall in Hougang.

Typing all of the above-mentioned is already so tiring. :)

Anyway, I learnt something about my teaching ability when I was conducting the YM lesson. I realised I tried to cramp too many things (especially examples) in the limited time given to me. Though I had the script all prepared, I did not use it - hence I overshot the time given. Anyway, it was a good lesson learnt on my part which I pray God will continue to teach me.

I want to praise the Lord for the number of members who have signed up for the Missions and VWAP trips. Mission trainings commence this coming Sunday for the next 4 weeks. Though I will be busy during those Sundays, I am also looking forward to preparing the trip with my fellow siblings-in-Christ. May the Lord use us to empower our fellow Khmer Christians and also to touch the lives of those who have yet to know who Jesus is.

This week is going to be my last week before I start work officially. Well, from the look of my schedules, I doubt I have much free time as I have a couple of meetings to attend. I shall look forward to them no matter what.

Well, not much of an encounter with God or people these few days. I shall write more should there be any.

Praise God for pulling me through the weekend! :)

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1

No comments: