Saturday, September 29, 2007

We Call; He Responds

I just had a very refreshing bath. I came back not too long ago from supper with some Youth Ministry Mentors (YMMs) and youths. Before that I was at the Worship Team rehearsal. I am rostered to play the drums this Sunday for the 11:15am service.

I have to confess that Monday's experience at the Masterclass session has kind of instilled certain fears and uncertainties in me with regard to playing the drums. In fact every one in the band was being very conscious of the way they were playing.

We took quite a while to figure out the chords and how the songs are to be arranged. I could also sense certain frustrations in every one. I guess we were trying our best to play well and in the course of it, there was a bit of tension.

I was a little worked up and confused as various members asked me to play different rythmns. It was not that I did not want to listen to their suggestions but when the worship leader sent out the songs and the MP3 files, I followed the way it was being played as I was encouraged to take notice of the drumming sequence. When I was told to do otherwise during the practice, I just did not know which one to follow.

Anyway, we took a break before trying the songs again. I took that short moment to ask God to just help me. I basically needeed discernment as to how best I should play so that I would not throw anybody off. Well, when we went into the second round, I basically just let loose and allowed the Holy Spirit to guide me. Thanks be to God all went pretty well and I could see that every one was more satisfied. Well, I will continue to let the Lord lead and guide me on Sunday. May He be pleased with our offering of praise.

I am actually very tired now. I thought I type this blog first before I enter slumberland. My heart is burdened for a couple of people - I will spend some time in prayer after this and commit these persons into God's hands.

Okie, I just realised there is a rugby game between England and Tonga at 2:55am. Hmmm... sleep or rugby. Sigh. I guess my next blog will reveal which I chose. Tough choice! Haha.

Good night to all!

"In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears." Psalm 18:6

No comments: