Thursday, September 27, 2007

Doing Good To All

I am now at Ngee Ann City Coffee Bean. I just met two ex-students of mine for tea. I had a good time of catching up with them. I am very glad that they are doing well in their career. One of them is leaving for the U.S. soon for a new job offer. I got a call from them last week, asking whether we could meet up. I readily accepted the invite since we have not seen each other for almost three years.

Anyway, I have been in the cafe since around 12pm. My heart became burden for three persons: one is a middle-aged lady who is sitting on a couch in front of me; the other two were a middle-aged man with another man who is probably in his early thirties.

For the lady, I have seen her a couple of times in the cafe. She is always alone. She seems to be in deep thoughts all the time. She would only order a bottle of mineral water and she would usually sit on the same couch for a couple of hours not doing anything.

Every time I see her, I would say a prayer for her but today my heart feels exceptionally heavy. I do not know why but as I was praying for her just now, I asked the Lord to provide for this lady someone whom she could confide with regarding certain issues which could be troubling her. I also asked the Lord to protect her. I hope all will be fine for her.

As for the two men I mentioned, my sense is that they are a "couple". I cannot control the actions of individuals as they have the freedom to do whatever they like. I was uncomfortable though when they began to do intimate things like holding each other's hands. One of them even moved over to sit with his friend to have some photos taken together and he was very close to where I am seated. A couple of times one of the guys' shoulders kept rubbing against mine. Initially I decided to leave it as that but when it became too frequent, I had to sound it off to them. The guy further away from me gave me a rather hostile look but the one nearer to me apologised.

I think it is important for every one (myself included) in public to behave themselves. What I told the two men might seem as if I was being prejudiced and judgmental but I would have given my piece of mind to anyone else who are behaving in a manner that may be uncomfortable or disturbing to others around.

I have no qualms stating this as well - I said a prayer for the two individuals that God will protect them. A burden that one day they might just get themselves into trouble. What sort of trouble, I do not know. I also will not deny that my other prayer request for them was for God to show them that whatever they are getting themselves into is wrong in the eyes of my God. I know some who are reading my blog may disagree. I guess this is one area of life where not all will see eye-to-eye. I stress again and this is not to protect my personal interest - the prayer I whispered was out of concern for them as would my burden for the lady I wrote in the earlier paragraph. I have no right to judge anyone as I myself still sin regularly.

Anyway, so much for that. Tonight there is supposed to be a Missions Committee meeting but due to a couple of apologies by more than half of the members, I had no choice but to postpone it to another day. I have been looking forward to it but I guess I shall continue to be excited about the meeting when I decide on an alternative date. :)

Time for me to key off and listen to some songs that I need to play tomorrow during the Worship Team rehearsal. I have to say that after the Masterclass session on Monday, I have some reservations now playing the drums. Haha.

No matter what, it is my prayer that God will be pleased with my service this week.

"Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently. But watch yourself, or you also may be tempted. Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. If anyone thinks he is something when he is nothing, he deceives himself. Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load. Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor. Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers." Galatians 6:1-10

No comments: