Thursday, September 20, 2007

Keeping Our Perspective Right

Today is a busy day for me. I woke up 5:45am to meet a dear brother at 6:30am for a time of fellowship and to encourage one another in our ministries. I had a great time spent with him.

In the course of our conversation, we reminded each other that whatever we do in ministries, we are doing them, first for the Lord and then for the people. It was good to sound this off to each other as it then keeps our perspective right especially during times when we face discouragement in service. It was quite amazing how we were still laughing and feeling joyful when we shared about the down-side of serving God and the church. I guess we were mindful that even though there may be obstacles along the way and that we may be down-trodden at that point but at the end of it all, God will deliver us eventually.

We had our time of catching up at the airport as we needed to also receive a dear brother who just completed his Masters programme in the United Kingdom. We rejoiced with him for having done well in his course, topping the class. Praise the Lord!

After welcoming this brother of ours, I had to rush from the East to the West. I needed to be in campus for a meeting. It was a long ride - took the time to catch up on my reading. I also played with two kids by the name of Jiahui and Jinfa. Though they have Chinese names, their English were excellent.

Meeting went well and now I have been informed of my responsibilities. I am looking forward to them and may the Lord be my help when I begin work again on 1 October.

I left immediately after the meeting. I am now at the Millennia Walk Coffee Bean. As I am typing now, an ex-student from my faculty is doing a filming session. She saw me and gave me a wave when I looked towards her direction. I have never taught her before but we did see each other a couple of times before in campus. We did not speak as she was busy with the filming. What a surprise. :)

Anyway, I am thankful that I have been able to get some work done while drinking my tea - I had to send a couple of emails out and I managed to complete them. I also needed to make some appointments with some people and those were also done. Thanks be to God.

After this I need to meet three brothers-in-Christ for a time of accountability session. I am looking forward to this and it is my prayer we will build each other up as we update each other about what God has done in our lives for the past two weeks.

Okie, I shall go to the counter to ask for a mug of warm water - it is super-cold in the cafe.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

No comments: