Wednesday, September 12, 2007

God Listens!

Two Youth Ministry Mentors (YMMs) were hospitalised for severe food poisoning. Thank God one of them is discharged today and the other is recovering well. I hope this is not a spiritual attack as the YMMs are supposed to go on a retreat this weekend to discuss about the future plans for the Youth Ministry (YM). Anyway, what matters now is that God will strengthen the bodies of my two siblings-in-Christ!

Yesterday just before I left the Ngee Ann City Coffee Bean, Chin Chuan, after he knocked off from work, came by to talk to me. He was telling me how tired his work can be at times since he has to stand for almost 8 hours serving the customers and also clearing the tables each time they were vacated. He just worked in Coffee Bean for a year but he said he enjoys it there compared to his previous job of 7 years. He told me he was being bullied and that his salary was also low.

Sometimes I could sense his frustrations especially when he tries to speak - he stutters quite a bit. There were a couple of times I asked of the Lord to loosen his tongue so that he does not have to take so much effort to converse. Well, I guess it is up to God to do so if He so wants Chin Chuan to be healed of this disability.

Anyway, he smiled after he poured out his woes. Before he left, he went to disturb his colleagues. I can see that they are a friendly lot, talking and disturbing him as well.

I am meeting a brother-in-Christ soon and later another friend. I hope the Lord will sustain me. I am actually a little unwell too - last night I had a slight fever. Now I am still feeling a little hot. This morning I had a mild diarrhoea. I quickly took two panadols and also two Lomotil tablets - hopefully that will curb the problems.

Throughout the whole of yesterday while I was on the MSN, I spoke to at least three persons who are currently discouraged over different issues in their lives. Since I am in the know of their struggles, it is my prayer that the Lord will give me the ability to encourage them, if not, just lending a listening ear to their needs. Just as much as I am burdened for them, I guess the best thing to do is to commit them to the Lord and trust that He will be there to pull them through.

Okie, I am hungry. I shall stop here and order my usual Smoked Salmon with Panini bread. Till I blog again, the Lord bless and keep you all!

"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven." James 5:13-15

No comments: