Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Help Comes From The Lord

Last night I wrote an email to my boss to request for an extension of my Sabbatical. I was initially scheduled to return to work on 17 September but after much thought, I decided to do so on 1 October instead. I received a reply from him and he has given me the green light to do so. Yay! Oh no! I think after one year of break from work, I am becoming a bummer. Anyway, I will be on no-pay leave from now till then but that is fine with me.

I made this request as I felt I needed to settle my thoughts properly before I go back. Lately I have been swamped with a couple of stuff that I have no time to even do some reflection. I have to also settle some matters at home so that my heart will be at ease when I start work again.

Anyway, I feel better now, knowing that I have a couple more days to do what I want. Praise the Lord for that!

Yesterday I shared about a Pastor, whom I knew and was from my church, praying for me during the ministry time on the second night of the conference. He was praying that God will show more of Him to me in the new things that I am doing and about to do. I was wondering what the Pastor meant since that night and have been praying about it.

A few thoughts came to mind and I guess it has to do with me going back to work and also ministries in church:-

1) There will be a few new responsibilities to be given to me when I go back to office. They require a lot of research and planning. They may sound daunting but I am sure I will be able to cope with them and that God will guide me accordingly.

2) Regarding ministry, I guess it has to do with Missions where there are a lot of things that I need to look into. Some are already in the process of planning while others are in the process of seeking. Many of them require a lot of faith in the Lord to provide and guide. Some also may take a longer process. I guess I have a lot of fears and burdens and perhaps the revelation made to me that night was to assure me that God is in charge and all will be fine.

The above-mentioned are just some reflections I made and I am still seeking the Lord in the days and weeks to come.

I met two brothers this afternoon to do a recce on two locations in Singapore. One was for the Youth Ministry Mentors' Retreat from this Friday to Sunday and the other was for the Youth Camp at the end of the year. I was more burdened for the latter as we have yet to secure a place for the camp to be held.

On my way to church, I took the time to pray. I told the Lord if He so desires for the youths to have a camp this year and to use that as a platform to reach out to their friends whom they are inviting, surely when we speak to the staff of Anglo-Chinese School (International), all will be decided there and then.

When we arrived at the school ground, we were impressed with the place - nice and clean and very conducive for the campers. The three of us were also concerned about the charges that we need to pay to the school for the usage of their facilities. When we enquired about it, we were told no specific fees will be charged - just a love-gift is enough. When we looked around the place, we unanimously agreed that this is the place for the camp!

The Lord just went ahead and made it so easy for the decision to be made. Thanks be to God for that. I am already looking forward to the camp though it is still three months away. Truly it is He who provides especially when it is already so late in the year to secure a camp location. Well, the Lord never fails to amaze us what He can do when we are at our wit's end.

I am back in Ngee Ann City Coffee Bean. Chin Chuan came by to greet me. I always wanted to ask him whether he prefers me to speak to him in English or Mandarin. He told me he is more comfortable with the former but he also mentioned that he cannot speak properly, not as in the language but because of his physical disability. I told him the fact that I could understand him means he is clear enough to be heard. He gave me a smile and carried on with his work. Well, a brief conversation we had but I hope the affirmation I gave him about his speech has lifted his spirit and confidence a little.

I am supposed to meet some friends for dinner but it was suddenly cancelled. I tried to get the key person to reconsider the cancellation since she is leaving this weekend but to no avail.

Anyway, I shall key off for now. Thanks be to God for today!

"I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.” Psalm 121:1-2

No comments: