Tuesday, July 24, 2007

We Are All Imperfect

I went to watch a play just now called "Happy Endings: Asian Boys Volume 3." The topic was on gayism. Just as much as the acting was good and entertaining, I must say I struggled with the contents in there. I feel this way because of my religious beliefs but I do not shun this group of my fellow human beings. I have no right to judge them because I am imperfect myself. Well, I shall leave it as that for now.

I went to donate blood in the afternoon. The insertion of the needle this time round is exceptionally painful - the nurse who attended to me was trying to navigate the needle. She was unsuccessful in the initial attempts. When she finally found the vein, I think she inserted the needle beyond the boundary where the painkiller was administered. Even now, my arm is still sore and stinging. It is also a little swollen. Anyway, I hope that bag of blood will help someone in need.

After the donation, I went to town to check on the boy whom I was ministering to yesterday. He has started work and I was happy to see him in his McDonalds' outfit. He may be posted to another branch but for now he stays at the one in Orchard.

A friend sounded me off that the boy may have to compensate for the DVDs I asked him to destroy - for me, that is the least of my concern because I want him to take responsibility for his actions. He should know what he did was wrong and this is the consequences. If he does not want to lose more money in future, then he should not commit this mistake again. I may sound insensitive in what I have mentioned - what would you do if you were in my position? Well, I will be meeting him again in a couple of days' time and shall follow-up on the compensation issue.

I shall sleep soon. Tomorrow is mum's seventh radiotherapy session. She informed me this morning that her back ached a little - I guess it must have been from the fall. I will monitor her condition tomorrow - if there is still the soreness, I guess I will have to let the doctor check on that.

I was running around town after meeting the boy to collect a couple of forms from a few banks. Learnt a couple of new things about banking in the process. Well, praise the Lord I managed to get the information I needed.

Alright, time to stop here. I am feeling a little lousy today but thanks be to God anyway.

"Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. "Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Luke 6:36-38

No comments: