Thursday, July 26, 2007

God Will Make A Way

Today has been a day of uncertainty but in the end all turned out well. It was exactly how I prayed for the Lord to help me - to make things fall in place eventually.

After I woke up and washed up a little, I mopped the whole house. As I was waiting for a sms, I decided to do some housework first. I also cooked lunch for grandma and my parents - made some of their favourites like sambal prawns, steamed brocolli with mushroom-based sauce and of course lots of garlic. I also made boiled winter-melon soup with pork-ribs used as the stock.

As I was rushing to collect something from a friend, I did not really spend much time with my family over lunch - I just had a bowl of rice and a bit of the dishes. I was not planning to have lunch outside but when my friend asked me to join her and two other brothers-in-Christ for a meal, I decided to do so, mainly for fellowship. I did not eat much though as I was already quite full. We all had Thai food which was good.

Anyway, the rest continued with a conference they were attending while I decided to head for the Esplanade Library to read my book and also to listen to some classical music. Then I got a call from the shop that I was supposed to collect an item from - the laundry staff told me he has yet to locate the item and requested for an extended grace period. I told him to try his best as I knew he had to search through many piles of clothings to locate the item for me.

An hour or so passed and I decided to head for Orchard Road to check out a few things. Then another call came while I was in the train and the same staff informed me that it might be impossible to locate the item by today. He said he would try his best and we hung up. I was exceptionally pleased with his service.

I also had to make a few other calls regarding some enquiries while walking around town. Then the friendly staff called me the third time and said the item I was looking for has been sent for laundry based on the record he checked. I went on with my window-shopping. Guess what? The fourth call came and this time I was told the item has not been sent for washing yet. It was quite funny as in how the staff explained that it was a huge mess at where he was and I told him not to worry.

I went to Henderson Road to collect the item - took me a while to locate the shop as it was an industrial estate. I shook the hand of the gentleman who took so much effort to help me out. After that I went back to town area to have the item returned to the shop where it was bought from. This is to allow the company to do some investigations on it as to whether there was a manufacturer's defect.

When all that was done, I headed for Bugis. I bought some fruits back and while I was heading towards the bus-stop, I saw a middle-aged couple quarrelling. I prayed for them as I walked on. I hope they have patched up.

I came home and had dinner. After that it was ironing time and as usual, there was this mountain of clothes that I needed to conquer - I think climbing Mount Everest would have been much easier. Anyway, I prayed as I ironed and as time went by, the mountain became a hill and eventually it was gone. Thanks be to God.

Did I learn anything from all that I have written above? Yes, God makes level all mountains and valleys so that I can trot my pilgrim's journey easier - not that there will not be any trouble but that God is always there to make things lighter for us to bear.

I woke up wondering whether I could settle the exchange of the item by today (initially I thought it would not happen), prayed about it and now as I look back, God's hand was in it all these while. Thanks be to Him!

Alright, time to rest now - I have to be up early to be at City Hall MRT to meet another group of brothers for a time of fellowship over breakfast. I did not meet them the last time - looking forward to the time of accounting our lives to one another.

Good night, everyone. Sleep tight!

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: