Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Bring A Good Cheer To Someone

I was in Chinatown this afternoon to collect some documents. It was not planned but I praise the Lord that He made my trip a pleasant one. I am especially pleased with the good customer service of this agency that I went to. The lady whom I have been liaising with for the past one week or so has been so accommodating that I have nothing but praise for her willingness to help meet all the requests I asked for.

When she saw me at the counter, she came out personally to greet me and shook my hand though I could tell she was very busy.

This kind lady, who is probably in her late 40s or early 50s, has been very sweet. In the process of confirming with her the purchase of the product over the phone, she even tried to get a discount for me but was not allowed to as I was not eligible for it. She also ran through the checklist with me to ensure I have everything in order. She even secured something for me from another agency when I requested for it. Though the standard arrangement could have been settled verbally, she printed the approval letter so that I do not have to worry about showing proof of document should there be a miscommunication.

After I have made the payment, I waved her goodbye - she was in another room but looking out of the window, she returned the wave. I felt I needed to give her something for such a good service rendered. I went to Coffee Bean to buy her an Ultimate Ice Blended (my favourite!) and a muffin. I went back to the agency to pass her the two items. She thanked me in Cantonese and I said, "You are welcome!" in the same language though my vocabulary was so limited. I do not know why she thinks I know how to speak Cantonese because since I first spoke to her on the phone, she slowly switched to this language. I thank God for giving me the gift of tongue in speaking the dialect and also the gift of interpretation for understanding it. :)

Anyway, it is people like this lady who makes the day of others. I hope I can be like her.

I was in church earlier to prepare for the praise and worship session that I will be leading this Sunday at the 11:15am service. Before I looked at the songs and thought of what to do, I spent some time in prayer. The Lord as always answered my prayer and guided me through the preparation. Songs just came in one after another. I have a draft list now. I shall take the rest of tonight to ponder on them and hopefully the Lord will give me the discernment to know whether they are the confirmed ones so that I can pass the list to the Worship Team.

I decided to go for a walk with my dog after coming back from Chinatown. As I was walking, I took the time to thank God for all that He has done for me today. I also took the moment to converse with Him the needs of some of my friends (especially for their health) and also for myself (health as well).

Tomorrow mum is going for her fifth radiotherapy session - she has not vomitted for a couple of days already and I thank God for that. I prayed for her that this is a good sign and that she is on the road to recovery. I hope to give her and dad a well-deserved treat when all the treatments are over and done with and also when the doctor has given her a clean bill of health. I hope to send them on a holiday when this ordeal is over so that they can celebrate the Lord's goodness in another land.

Well, last week I did not look forward to Wednesday because of mum's treatment but I guess I shall look forward to tomorrow - I want to believe that every time a treatment is completed, mum is one step closer to healing. If that is the case, why should I not be looking forward to the day of her visitation to the hospital?

My left knee just gave me problems again. There was a sharp pain when I sat down just now. Well, it is better now - maybe I strained it when I was walking with Sasha.

Okie, I shall stop here. Got piles of clothes to iron.

Thanks be to God for today!

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones." Proverbs 15:30

No comments: