Friday, July 06, 2007

Relationships Matter!

Today I have learnt a few lessons pertaining to handling relationships with my friends. This afternoon I reconciled with a dear brother-in-Christ for the heated email I sent the day before when I was feeling frustrated and disappointed regarding a matter I needed to look into and felt I was being rushed. I was humbled that this dear brother took the initiative to apologise for any misunderstandings caused when I should be the one to do so since I reacted quite negatively. He even volunteered to help me in the fact-finding process - I am truly touched by his kindness and willingness to help a brother in need.

The lesson I learnt in the above-mentioned is that when there is a friction between two parties, it is vital to put aside pride and choose reconciliation. This will then allow both parties to move on and see how they can deal with the differences. This is also a mature approach to resolving conflicts. It pleases God too.

Conflict stalls relationships; Reconciliation develops them!

I also learnt something pertaining to my blogs especially when I share about people. Just as much as I find no wrong in writing about them, not every one is always comfortable being mentioned in a public forum. I have been insensitive and ignorant and I apologise to those whom I have offended. It will not happen again and I will be more careful next time.

The lesson I learnt here is probably not to be too overly-excited in what I write to the point where I fail to be sensitive to the feelings of others. I pray the Lord will guide me as I overcome this shortcoming of my life.

I had dinner with two friends. I realised my communication skills especially to someone new are still very lacking. Though those who know me usually see me being quite talkative but when there is someone new I always get tongue-tied as to what to say or do. Just as much as I would like to make the person comfortable, talking too much or too little may make him or her uncomfortable too.

What did I learn from this? Well, I guess I need to have a balance of both and not always pressure myself that I have to be the one doing the talking or making the person comfortable. It is important but it must not, at the end of it all, render me ineffective. Well, I hope the Lord will teach me regarding this.

As mentioned in some of my previous blogs, there are still a lot of things that I am learning in my life - I hope in the process of doing so, my friends will bear with me and grant me grace at times when I still fail.

Well, there were a few other things I did throughout the whole of yesterday but I shall leave them as that.

Mum vomitted once in the middle of the night before. I was awoken when I saw the light from my parents' room. I cleaned her and also gave her some medications to soothe the nauseous feeling. After doing all that I could not sleep further no matter how I tossed and turned. I guess I was anxious for mum. Anyway, I am thankful to God that she did not vomit anymore throughout the whole of yesterday.

When I came home she was already asleep. I hope she will have a good and peaceful rest.

I shall stop here too.

Thanks be to God for the many lessons I learnt.

"Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid." Proverbs 12:1

"Pride only breeds quarrels, but wisdom is found in those who take advice."
Proverbs 13:10

"Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." Ephesians 4:2-3

No comments: