Wednesday, July 18, 2007

God Will Finish The Battle

Thanks be to God!!! I want to start off this blog with thanksgiving. God truly deserves all praise and glory for all that He has been doing for mum and the family. Mum went for a scan this morning after her treatment. The result revealed that her tumour has diminished by two-third the size. The doctor said it is a very good sign and he recommended four more radiotherapy sessions to totally eradicate the problem!

Well, though there is still the one-third of growth left, I cannot help it but to be grateful to God. The family has gone through a lot. Today I feel I can breathe better. I can also feel the weight on my shoulders lighter now. The past couple of weeks have been a roller-coaster ride for me - my mood was swinging (my apologies if I have offended any one), my sleep was lacking, my mind was swaying, my energy was sapping. I praise God for sustaining me through. I told Him He has to help me - I needed to be strong as every one else in the family was quite troubled. Sometimes I had to force myself to smile when it was tough to do so. Now as I look back, I have nothing but relief. The battle is not over but I know God will finish it for mum and my family.

After accompanying mum home, I went to the beach along East Coast Parkway to just be quiet before God. For one and a half months there were a lot of things crying out for attention. I had no choice but to entertain them. Today after I got the report, I just felt I needed to be quiet. As I shared with God my gratefulness by the breakwater, I could not hold the tears of joy that were flowing down my cheeks. It was a time of refreshing for me.

Truly the Lord is good and His love endures forever! I know this period has strengthened my parents and grandma's faith in God. As for my brother, he smiled when he heard the news. I know somewhere in his heart, he knows there is a true God in action - I hope he will be curious to know more about this Almighty God whom the Chew family has come to know of and worships.

Godma just called and I shared with her the good news. She rejoiced with the family. As mentioned in my previous blog where I shared about the lesson I learnt from the touch-rugby game - I want to thank those of you who have been reading my blogs and have been praying for and with my family. God has answered our prayers and is still listening. Thank you for supporting my family and I. I still covet your prayers till the healing is done - I hope this testimony will affirm in us that our God never fails.

To God be the glory, honour and praise!

"You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being." Revelation 4:11

No comments: